Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-09-2012, 07:37 AM
Supreme Adventurer

The FAQ section is a place with all of the frequently asked questions. It isn't a single thread, it is an entire section. That is what FAQ stands for too, Frequently Asked Questions. There is a sticky too in every forum that addresses the issue of having questions and here is just one of the many links to it.

I will also point out that "noob" is often considered derisive, and no one has used that term in a long time, from what I have seen.

Last edited by Bullbound; 06-09-2012 at 07:39 AM. Reason: added link
Old 06-09-2012, 07:57 AM
Blacksmith

Bullbound, I think the term he used was referring to the attitude of the responses rather than the actual usage of the term itself. I see both sides of the coin.

On one hand, we have truly lazy folks who don't see that a topic answering their question is on the first page or two and still ask the question anyway. I also dislike laziness, so I'll probably be right there with you in saying please use at least a little effort to look for the answer on your own.

But, on the other hand, we also have truly lazy folk who don't see that the topic someone is asking is actually not anywhere near 10-15 pages worth of garbage to sift through. People just post the ever so unhelpful, "use the search function"

Sometimes these folks will go through the trouble of finding the newblet what they're looking for, but add an unnecessary sarcastic comment, so as to discourage another question of that variety again.

Some questions are born from laziness, others are questions that could be answered with some seriousness, without the backlash. One way or another, any newcomer will see many questions answered sarcastically and might avoid asking a potentially good question, or simply avoid the forums entirely seeing it in large to be unhelpful.

Not saying that everyone or even the majority would respond this way. But I do see where spiny is coming from.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jengas For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-12-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Blacksmith

i find it amusing everyone is dancing around the issue. the issue is one person on this forum is almost always the first to answer questions. while knowledgeable he is always rude and condescending. whether it is intentional or not it is unnecessary. all of the current mods are friendly and just as knowledgeable. if you can not answer questions without seeming like a jerk just let the mods do it. the forum would seem a lot more friendly if that occurred.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ralff For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-12-2012), kiwi div (06-12-2012)
Old 06-09-2012, 09:50 PM
Sheep

I would also question why the mods should feel the need to control, respond, and be a part of every thread. ask a question and if someone or multiple someones have an answer then people should converse. who cares if it is answered somewhere else. A forum and game that seems to be less active than it was months ago should be smart enough to realize this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jabroni For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-12-2012), kiwi div (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralff View Post
i find it amusing everyone is dancing around the issue. the issue is one person on this forum is almost always the first to answer questions. while knowledgeable he is always rude and condescending. whether it is intentional or not it is unnecessary. all of the current mods are friendly and just as knowledgeable. if you can not answer questions without seeming like a jerk just let the mods do it. the forum would seem a lot more friendly if that occurred.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni View Post
I would also question why the mods should feel the need to control, respond, and be a part of every thread. ask a question and if someone or multiple someones have an answer then people should converse. who cares if it is answered somewhere else. A forum and game that seems to be less active than it was months ago should be smart enough to realize this.
Well said both of you, i've only been on this forum for 2 weeks and know who you are talking about....i've already had a warning for been pissed off with flippant responses!
This forum is obviously alive and well apart from it's bullying
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kiwi div For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-12-2012), Lord Arse (06-12-2012)
Old 06-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralff View Post
In some parts of the world, that type of response is seen as humorous and causes laughter. If you read things looking for humor, you'll likely find more of it.

I'm not saying it's EASY.... I'm just saying it can be done.
Old 06-12-2012, 09:37 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Darstard has a very good point; the mindset your in when reading the forum will often change ones reaction to it. The point about using a forum for interaction is a good one if not always true. That is why the FAQ section often gets overlooked.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:41 PM
Blacksmith

i give up.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Last edited by ralff; 06-26-2012 at 06:55 PM.