Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-13-2010, 12:58 AM
Adventurer

It makes a difference before or after, the PoEL is applied as a percentage after the total Con, so also taking a Con potion brings out even more from your PoEL.
Perhaps the potion should be applied after the players individual potions for best effect.

There should only be three slots in the guild potion shop I think, anymore and you take the randomness down to almost predictable and any potion is going to help someone in the guild somehow. And the 'new goods' button shouldn't exist for the guild potions shop, you either pick from what's available or go without. Makes it more of a luck of the draw thing and not something you can shop untill you find the right one if you have the funds.
Old 11-13-2010, 01:16 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

Well I was thinking about how we can still use musrhooms in a guild. Therefore, I came up with an idea of getting something like a potion but boosts only your guild bonuses instead for a day so everybody can level up faster.
The idea behind it is it would cost mushrooms to buy for example one percent for either gold or experience bonuses and you can go up to 200% percent but only for a day for both gold and experience. The cost of one percent would cost perhaps 10 mushrooms and you could buy up to 200% since it is currently possible limit with guild raids. This would give some leverage for guilds who cannot clear dungeons since they require a lot of HLPs in a guild and also give the revenue to the game. In my humble opinion it would provide some kind of balance to the game perhaps.
Old 03-07-2012, 01:47 AM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Default New Take on an Old Idea

This is an old thread so-

That is not dead which can eternal lie.
And with strange aeons even death may die

My version of Guild wide Potions.
As an addition to the Treasure, Instructor, and Fortress in the Guild up grades add an Alchemist. In the Alchemist you are able to upgrade his lab to make guild wide potions. Each upgrade would allow you to make a certain type and strength of potion. The potion types would be limited to main stats ONLY eg Strength, Dexterity and Intelligence. The Strength of the potions should be limited as well. With gold only I think you should be able to upgrade to 10% boost potions, with mushroom upgrades you should be able to access a new strength of potion.. the 20% boost potion. The Alchemist upgrade only allows you the ability to purchase potions which should cost gold for 1o% or less and Mushrooms for the 20% boost ones. I think the duration on these should be shorter than the standard potions. Perhaps as little as a single raid/battle or up to 24 hours. The Alchemist starts with one "slot" for guild potions that can be upgraded to 2 at great expense. The potions would appear in the first and second slot on your guild members character screen and would only be able to be used by members that DO NOT have a potion in that spot already. Of course the Guild Potion effect does not stack with any existing potions.
The reason behind these limitations are-
The limit of a maximum of 20% boost is so that it does not become a way for the top competitors to save on cost associated with maintaining 3 25% boost potions. At the top of the HoF few could afford to give up even a 5% boost against their rivals. This will also be a way for mushroom users to use their buying power to boost their non-mushroom using guild mates.

The limit of Main stat only potions and a maximum of one or 2 slots is to add a layer of strategy to guild battles besides yelling "click in you slackers"
Do you chose to boost the strength of your lower level warriors or the intellect of your Mages.. what will your opponent guild boost? In close contests the right choices could turn the tide of battle.

The upgrades will probably not be multiple choice but more of a set progression eg.-
level 1 5% STR
level 2 5% DEX
level 3 5% INT
level 4 10% STR
level 5 10% DEX
level 6 10% INT
level 7 15% STR &
level 8 15% DEX &
level 9 15% INT &
level 10 20% STR
level 11 20% DEX
level 12 20% INT
level 13 Second potion slot available lots of
Old 03-07-2012, 05:05 AM
Stable Boy

Send a message via Skype™ to Azkasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
I find this intreguing. The potion would have to be very expensive though, or very rare, probably both.

There are only two stat boosts I can think of that would benifit an entire guild regardless of class though, Luck and Consistution. I suppose a nice boost just before a fight of say 5% to one or the other but not both, guild wide wouldn't make it too difficult but that's just a guess.
I think it should be able to boost con or luck.

But I think a players primary stat should also be able to get an increase.
That should not be that much harder to program.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:04 AM
Stable Boy

Yeah, thats a great idea to get bonus stats from clans +1 for that, just dont think playa will accept this one
Old 03-10-2012, 09:55 PM
Sheep

I wish they did!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Sheep

We're thinking too small though, many other things could be "guild wide" bonuses.

(I swear I recommended this before as a "Guild Cauldron" to show up on members potions area, but I cannot find it for the life of me.)

How about "bonus to shrooms and/or gold found in quests"
How about "bonus thirst to 110 (upto 330 with shroom purchases)"
How about "bonus to chance to get red quests or rare item quests"
How about "bonus to city guard income"
How about "chance to double strike (different from crit) in battles and/or quests and/or dungeons"
How about "chance to disapperate (straight from harry potter) 10%" so mages can "dodge" (and it would stack with Evade/Block)

There are limitless ways you could institute this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Redda For This Useful Post:
DominicS (04-03-2012)