Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-08-2010, 08:56 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default Guild-wide Potions

one potion that effects the stats of every member of the guild. could be or but the end result will be

However it should be a percentage upgrade that is scaled by level and not a set numerical value as that would be very lopsided.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:47 PM
Adventurer

I find this intreguing. The potion would have to be very expensive though, or very rare, probably both.

There are only two stat boosts I can think of that would benifit an entire guild regardless of class though, Luck and Consistution. I suppose a nice boost just before a fight of say 5% to one or the other but not both, guild wide wouldn't make it too difficult but that's just a guess.

The Question then becomes where would the potion be indicated or applied? Would only the guild leader or an officer be able to use it or should any member be able to? Currently there is no inventory in the guild screen, perhaps something along side the mushroom and gold indicators? Where and how would we get the potions? there are a lot more questions but let's start with these.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptMorganNU View Post
one potion that effects the stats of every member of the guild. could be or but the end result will be

However it should be a percentage upgrade that is scaled by level and not a set numerical value as that would be very lopsided.

That is an AWESOME idea. I'm suprised nobody has thought of it before.
Old 11-10-2010, 01:19 AM
Stable Boy

interesting, obviously I'd prefer Gold for these potions however, shrooms will probably get the devs to make it
Old 11-10-2010, 09:49 AM
Adventurer

I imagine it would be like the PoEL in that it usually costs gold and mushrooms but might only cost gold on rare occasions.

But there's still things to figure out about a guild wide potion. A big question is how would you implement the potion? You can't just drag it to your guild like you can on your character page.

Would this interfere with the potions you and your guild mates already have in effect or work in concert?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:48 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
I imagine it would be like the PoEL in that it usually costs gold and mushrooms but might only cost gold on rare occasions.

But there's still things to figure out about a guild wide potion. A big question is how would you implement the potion? You can't just drag it to your guild like you can on your character page.

Would this interfere with the potions you and your guild mates already have in effect or work in concert?
What effect would it have? I would have it stack on top of any potion already active for a guild member.

Where is it? Put the button next to the shield for defense.

Gold or mushrooms? I like the PEL idea of having it appear as either both or rarely just gold, maybe 20-25% chance of gold only.

What would it affect? Random. Maybe Con or Luck or any of the other 3 class-specific categories. Don't forget, if you're a scout attacking a mage, the higher your INT, the better your immunity to their attacks.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:27 AM
Adventurer

Ok so you would have a button next to the shield indicating a potion. To activate the potion you would click the button. But then you would still need a potion in your inventory yes? Otherwise it's not so much a potion as a random chance you'd pay for with guild funds. This would need to be even more rare then the PoEL, just because of the scope of its effect.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:31 PM
Mushroom Collector

ok, so you click on the potion icon next to the shield and it brings you to another shop like the magic or weapon shop but this one just has potions. just like the magic shop, if you put the cursor over one of the potions, it will show you which stat that potion effects and at what percentage. from there you get to select which potion you want to buy. The purchased potion is then activated immediately and all guild members are upgraded immediately. Like declaring on another guild or a guild dungeon, this ability is for officers and guild leader only.
Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
Supreme Adventurer

What would determine which potions appear and the benefits they provide, or would they be standard for all guilds? Limit of one potion per guild per 24 hours? Also, if we are talking %, is it before or after any potions the player may have active?
Old 11-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
What would determine which potions appear and the benefits they provide, or would they be standard for all guilds? Limit of one potion per guild per 24 hours? Also, if we are talking %, is it before or after any potions the player may have active?
Random or standard? I think random would be better. Chaos adds to the enjoyment.

Yes, I think one potion is enough for 24 hours, why go crazy?

Applied before or after other pots? I don't really care, as long as they exist and I can apply them.