Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 04-19-2016, 05:44 AM
Fidget's Griffin

I would like some confirmation on a rumor that is going around.

It's been said on every server that I play on that eggs for pets come out at certain times.

I found this hard to believe until this morning.

For the past 3 days, I've gotten no eggs after the initial clutch and then 2 extras. Last night on w1, I said forget it and decided to try this morning instead. I don't normally play in the mornings because of reset times and so on.

This morning, I've already gotten 3 new pets on w1.

IS there a time issue as to when you can get eggs? If so, this is just wrong.

I can tell you from playing for so long, people play at certain times of the day, and can't play at other times. If the eggs only come out during certain times, that's unfair to people whose work schedules preclude them from being on at a specific time of day. This is cutting people off from being able to play fully.

** just got another egg. There HAS to be a timing issue, which I am very much against.

BMW, try playing at a different time than you normally do if you are able to.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 04-19-2016 at 06:48 AM.
Old 04-19-2016, 08:20 AM
Community Manager

Food could be found in certain regions at certain times of the day. Regions -> the quest's location ("go to x to do this and that"), the artwork and time. Now fruit randomly drop regardless of the location and time.

Pets still live in a habitat and can be only found in a certain region at a certain time, for example in the Black Forest between 15:00 and 18:00 (3 and 6 p.m.). Please note that this is just an example (Black Forest came to my mind first).
Playa will release an official list where to find all pets soon.
Maybe they will also change times as some players might have problems if they can't start quests at certain times.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 04-19-2016, 08:26 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Food could be found in certain regions at certain times of the day. Regions -> the quest's location ("go to x to do this and that"), the artwork and time. Now fruit randomly drop regardless of the location and time.

Pets still live in a habitat and can be only found in a certain region at a certain time, for example in the Black Forest between 15:00 and 18:00 (3 and 6 p.m.). Please note that this is just an example (Black Forest came to my mind first).
Maybe they will also change times as some players might have problems if they can't start quests at certain times.
I sincerely hope they change this. People have jobs. People are unable to get online at certain times of the day. We do require sleep.

To make it time sensitive is ridiculous on many levels. They've really got to rethink that aspect of the pets.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 04-19-2016, 08:28 AM
Crusader

Quote:

This is idiotic. Is it server time or local time? Because if a certain pet can only be found between 3 and 6 pm server time, and that happens to be between 2 and 5 AM local time, what are you supposed to do? Stay up all night and hope you happen to be offered a quest in that location?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (04-19-2016), Sita (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 09:09 AM
Blacksmith

Thumbs down

Quote:
It is really stupid.

Normally I sleep at night and work at day
Old 04-19-2016, 10:13 AM
Community Manager

The official list how to find all pets will be available tomorrow.

Feed the pets! Lots of hungry mouths to feed!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Leander; 04-19-2016 at 10:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (04-19-2016), rvm1975 (04-19-2016)
Old 04-19-2016, 11:20 AM
Mushroom Collector

Just a small request: Can a label and tooltip be added to the habitat buttons to show which floor we're at. (like for dungeons)
Old 04-19-2016, 02:42 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
The official list how to find all pets will be available tomorrow.

Feed the pets! Lots of hungry mouths to feed!

What Time Tomorrow?
Old 04-19-2016, 03:23 PM

Quote:

This needs to be fix I will not stay up all hours of the night just to get a pet for a game nor will I get in trouble at work and login on my phone for it also.

I play games to have fun not to add another chore to all the ones I have already in life.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 04-19-2016 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-19-2016, 04:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Missing More?

I must be missing something else. I believe pets started on the US servers on under a week ago. All pets start as level 1. A pet can only level by eating a food, and only one food can be fed per calendar day. (As per when eggs are dropped, whose calendar, but it doesn't really matter.)

Assuming my assumptions are correct (and they probably aren't), no pet could be above level 7, and the max might be 5 or 6. How then did I just battle someone with a level 10 pet? Is there a way to go up more than one level per day or have pets been available longer than I thought???

Thanks,

Betsy