Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Bugs & Complaints

Notices

Old 06-09-2016, 05:04 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default Advantage earned from pet bugs

I've been quiet about this for a few weeks, but I'm hearing from other players that are thinking the same way I am, so figured I should say something.

I play on 3 servers and I have been searched out for people to actually say something to me.

BMW, forgive me, but you will be used as an example.

You have been able to get some pets that are not available to the rest of us because once you report the bug, the devs fix it. That closes everyone else out from having that extra bonus that the pets provide for who knows how long.

Another example was the first Summer Earth pet. Some people got it, but others were not able to get it for 5 or 6 weeks because the bug was fixed before others were able to find the pet. In that time, those that found it were getting additional bonuses, and others were left behind.

If the devs are going to fix the bugs, then they need to remove the pets from those who have found them under the bug.

What would be easier is to announce that yes, there is a bug for a certain pet, it has been found by others, and we are NOT going to fix it so that everyone has the same chance to find the pet.

Bugs are going to happen, but when it starts putting others at a disadvantage because the bug is fixed, that seems unfair to others.

As I said, it's been very much brought to my attention with people not very happy that others have a bonus advantage because of a bug.

I'm sure many of us appreciate those that are finding the bugs and reporting them, but it's questionable how Playa is reacting to the bugs themselves.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
The Following User Says Thank You to MedusasSnakes For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (06-18-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 05:41 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
I've been quiet about this for a few weeks, but I'm hearing from other players that are thinking the same way I am, so figured I should say something.

I play on 3 servers and I have been searched out for people to actually say something to me.

BMW, forgive me, but you will be used as an example.

You have been able to get some pets that are not available to the rest of us because once you report the bug, the devs fix it. That closes everyone else out from having that extra bonus that the pets provide for who knows how long.

Another example was the first Summer Earth pet. Some people got it, but others were not able to get it for 5 or 6 weeks because the bug was fixed before others were able to find the pet. In that time, those that found it were getting additional bonuses, and others were left behind.

If the devs are going to fix the bugs, then they need to remove the pets from those who have found them under the bug.

What would be easier is to announce that yes, there is a bug for a certain pet, it has been found by others, and we are NOT going to fix it so that everyone has the same chance to find the pet.

Bugs are going to happen, but when it starts putting others at a disadvantage because the bug is fixed, that seems unfair to others.

As I said, it's been very much brought to my attention with people not very happy that others have a bonus advantage because of a bug.

I'm sure many of us appreciate those that are finding the bugs and reporting them, but it's questionable how Playa is reacting to the bugs themselves.
I completely understand where you're coming from.

I don't mind being used as an example. My biggest PET bug was the Gem Mine Level 20 bug. I don't know anyone else on ANY server who has Gem Mine 20 so yes, I'll accept the EARTH advantage I received.

On the other side of the coin, there are others who are at an advantage where the bugs are fixed before it affects them.

For instance, the Mesmerit bug directly affects my gameplay and my Light has been stuck for the last week because I cannot achieve and level Mesmerit. This allows others to catch up to my level and I no longer have a LIGHT advantage that I worked so hard to achieve.

So, I see it as a double edged sword.

I report the bugs, but because I'm the first to experience most bugs, Playa waits until someone else reports it, so I'm stuck.

Armoruck is another example. I was the first to experience the bug, and report it. I have to wait another month before I can try again. More than likely it is a bug that will not be fixed next Gold Event because nobody else has experienced the problem yet. My advantage is from EARTH.

So, for me, I am lucky with some bugs and unlucky with others. Either way, I report them so they can be resolved.

The BIGGEST OVERALL Bug I discovered was Fortress 18 where I got stuck at 3,000,000 stone back in January (weekend of course) and I couldn't build anything until it was fixed:

I had reported it early when i saw it as part of Fortress 17 but they didn't do anything until after I showed them I was stuck at Fortress 18.

In this case, Playa was quick to get this fixed once they realized it was, in fact, a bug. I was really appreciative of them making the extra effort to get that one fixed quickly.

At the end of the day, I'm not sure what kind of coding is required to make a change, so more than likely they just leave it after they fix the bug so as not to make a bigger mess.

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 06-09-2016 at 05:43 PM.
Old 06-09-2016, 05:54 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I can absolutely see both sides of it.

Here is my thing, and no offense to Playa, but you play hard. We all know this. If you report a bug, I feel it's odd that they don't look at it until after someone else reports it.

You are far ahead on most aspects of the game so you are going to find them first. By the time others find them, gads, it could be days/weeks.

Anyway, I told those who came to me that I would be sure to post something about this, so here it is

Old 06-09-2016, 06:11 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
I can absolutely see both sides of it.

Here is my thing, and no offense to Playa, but you play hard. We all know this. If you report a bug, I feel it's odd that they don't look at it until after someone else reports it.

You are far ahead on most aspects of the game so you are going to find them first. By the time others find them, gads, it could be days/weeks.

Anyway, I told those who came to me that I would be sure to post something about this, so here it is
Understood.

At the end of the day, even without the Gem Mine bug, I would more than likely still be in the top 5 pet HoF (our guild is 4 out of top 5 so we cannot fight each other). I have not lost Light, Water, Fire or Shadow in a long time, and I do not have any distinct advantage with those pets from bugs.

What I won't do is keep the bug to myself and give my guild an advantage. I report them as soon as I see them. Same reason why I will never do the monthly contests, I want nonshroomers to have the opportunity to win mushrooms.

Yes, I can be a bit of pain in the forums, but I won't exploit, just want everyone to enjoy the game.

Shout out to bobo, my polar opposite, we always keep things interesting

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 06-09-2016 at 06:12 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
Xs3roN (06-10-2016)
Old 06-09-2016, 06:20 PM
Fidget's Griffin

lol I know - I'm number 5 What is weird, I've not had you come up to fight in the PVP.

Old 06-09-2016, 08:09 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
lol I know - I'm number 5 What is weird, I've not had you come up to fight in the PVP.
Right now you're #3 if you're Med

I normally don't PvP with EARTH until last, so if you're in the mid/high 100s I'll probably usually use LIGHT unless you come up as my last fight, then I have no choice but EARTH.

Typically I'm around 150/160 with my pets and I PVP 60/80 opponents

unfortunately eranshahar comes up on my radar the most, and I have no control of Pet PVP

I think MAYBE once I might have used EARTH to my advantage on what would have been a close fight, but other than that, I don't use it until last.

PS - Mithril Hall .. really? eh I got nothing but love for bobo .... love fighting in the arena that is
Old 06-09-2016, 08:54 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I am Med

I like playing the game with bobo, plus we have a great group of people in the guild. You have a few people in your guild who I play with on S8 and W1.

As for the pets, I just look at the PvP and think, "That one will beat that one." I just want the fruit

Old 06-10-2016, 02:05 AM

Well from experience from other games fixing a bug right away isn't the issue once it is found. The issue is do you fix it or keep it as it is and also how do you compensate those that used items, resources, etc in said bug. Most games give said compensation via game mail. (note: it is never the amount that most put into it so yeah unless you were lucky you still lose out some.) Things that Playa should do to keep this from happening again first report especially if a screenshot comes with report showing it needs to fix ASAP. Also they need to remove any that got any thing players wouldn't have received if not for the bug or give what they should have received because of the bug. (I understand in some instances that will be impossible.)

I am gonna say this because I do love this game. Playa please don't rush anymore new content updates yes most of us want new content BUT we also want it as bug free as possible when I first started playing this was the case if an update took a month 2 months 6 months longer then planned it took that long and for maybe a few minor bugs it worked fine. things started getting messy around the revamp things were kinda rushed yes you took longer then expected but what came out was a hot mess and it took way too long to fix that mess. then came fortress also too a little longer also a lot of issues as I recall but not as bad as the revamp. then we got pets again a lot of bugs issues nothing that wasn't playable and was fixed quickly for the most part.

A solution make a private server for beta testing by invite only and invite players like BMW and other big spenders as well as all CoMa's and moderators willing to do said testing also find a few free players so you get a full view of the content and any changes that may be needed.

Leander I know nothing will most likely come of what I suggested but please pass this post on to the devs in fact this whole thread as it shows that though we all love the game things need to get back to where it was in terms of how content is rolled out we want the 5 star treatment we use to get not the 2 star that has been happening. the 2 star is how most other games I play/ed do things those games are no longer played by me I stuck around here for the game play the great guild mates as well as the forum friends I have meet over the years. But I want and I am sure everyone wants the 5 star treatment again from Playa.

Sorry for the long post everyone.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-10-2016, 02:44 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
I am Med

I like playing the game with bobo, plus we have a great group of people in the guild. You have a few people in your guild who I play with on S8 and W1.

As for the pets, I just look at the PvP and think, "That one will beat that one." I just want the fruit

Sorry Med, Hopefully you get me back my water is weakest.

My light would be 200 right now if the Mesmerit bug was fixed
Old 06-10-2016, 04:16 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post

Sorry Med, Hopefully you get me back my water is weakest.

My light would be 200 right now if the Mesmerit bug was fixed
Never - EVER - be sorry for playing the game

*planning my revenge*