Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 06-18-2016, 04:19 PM
Crusader

Default fruit drops

I don't know about everyone else, but fruit drops are making me pull my hair out. Yesterday I think I had my worst day ever: 3 pieces of fruit from 320 minutes training. Today, if I counted right, I had 17.

This leads to a lot of magical thinking...

...more drops if I play at home than if I play during the day
...more drops on weekends than weekdays
...new patch and they changed the drop frequency
...more drops when few people are playing than when the server is busy
...maybe if I spend a mushroom...

It usually seems like the type of fruit is weighted towards the PvP theme of the day, but today I had 8 grape drops on an apple day.

The only reliable information I've heard is that Leander claims that longer quests are better: that is, a 10 minute quest has more than 4 times the chance of a drop than a 2.5 minute quest.

As best I can tell, everything else is voodoo.

Anyone else see any trends? It should be possible to calculate average fruit drops. We know the day the pets were released, and if players like BMG who rarely if ever loses in PvP subtract 5 pieces per day we should know what the average is, at least for those people on those servers playing at those times, probably wearing their lucky hats...
Old 06-19-2016, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I don't know about everyone else, but fruit drops are making me pull my hair out. Yesterday I think I had my worst day ever: 3 pieces of fruit from 320 minutes training. Today, if I counted right, I had 17.

This leads to a lot of magical thinking...

...more drops if I play at home than if I play during the day
...more drops on weekends than weekdays
...new patch and they changed the drop frequency
...more drops when few people are playing than when the server is busy
...maybe if I spend a mushroom...

It usually seems like the type of fruit is weighted towards the PvP theme of the day, but today I had 8 grape drops on an apple day.

The only reliable information I've heard is that Leander claims that longer quests are better: that is, a 10 minute quest has more than 4 times the chance of a drop than a 2.5 minute quest.

As best I can tell, everything else is voodoo.

Anyone else see any trends? It should be possible to calculate average fruit drops. We know the day the pets were released, and if players like BMG who rarely if ever loses in PvP subtract 5 pieces per day we should know what the average is, at least for those people on those servers playing at those times, probably wearing their lucky hats...
Yeah fruit drops from quests can be very random. some days only a couple others seems like they wont end. I play about the same time everyday and still have the same thing as you are saying. I don't think it matters where you play, when you play, which device you use or how many ppl are playing on a given server.

Yes from what Leander said the longer the quest the more of a chance of getting fruit and it should be that way as you get less honor by picking the longer quest.

I for one haven't really changed how I pick my quests I want to lvl up as fast as I can so I will keep picking the best exp quest per time segment if I get a fruit great if not oh well there is always the next quest.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-19-2016, 07:30 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Yesterday I think I had my worst day ever: 3 pieces of fruit from 320 minutes training. Today, if I counted right, I had 17.
It's quite surprising you got 17 fruits. That's a lot even if you include the fruits from the pet battles in that number. I am quite unhappy with my fruit drops the last few days. I normally pick shorter quests, because more quests = more opportunities and this has worked well for me so far. I think the drop rate has decreased since the last patch that fixed Mesmerit. Other players in our guild have the same feeling too. Is it time to change my strategy ??? Could you guys share your strategies for picking quests and the results in your total fruits earned. Here are mine:
- Shorter quests if possible (2.5 minutes are my favorite), no quests with items.
- Result: (Water/Light/Earth/Shadow/Fire) = (192/214/210/212/188)
Old 06-19-2016, 08:53 AM
Blacksmith

I use the same method as bobo. go for best experience missions, but if possible I go for shortest missions.
Im running 2 accounts and I noticed,long time ago that when it comes to flying tube and working vids,and fruit drops one account is more favourited than the other...one finished today with 10 fruits in inventory (and many pets are fed for the day),while other one only got 4. (other days its usually 2 max)
At least wood and stone drops on Forest Rarities event seem to be even.
Does anybody else notice this,who play multiple chars?

Last edited by Tilithia; 06-19-2016 at 08:57 AM.
Old 06-19-2016, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sersemina View Post
It's quite surprising you got 17 fruits. That's a lot even if you include the fruits from the pet battles in that number. I am quite unhappy with my fruit drops the last few days. I normally pick shorter quests, because more quests = more opportunities and this has worked well for me so far. I think the drop rate has decreased since the last patch that fixed Mesmerit. Other players in our guild have the same feeling too. Is it time to change my strategy ??? Could you guys share your strategies for picking quests and the results in your total fruits earned. Here are mine:
- Shorter quests if possible (2.5 minutes are my favorite), no quests with items.
- Result: (Water/Light/Earth/Shadow/Fire) = (192/214/210/212/188)
I play on 3 servers 2 I do 320 thirst the other 120. just using the 2 toons that play 320 thirst 1 I use 3 fruits for 3 elements (extras from day b4) I still get a full backpack and have to use some fruits on a pet that I don't want to lvl up ( had to use 4 strawberries) just so I can finish PVP(17 slots in backpack). this has been going on like this for almost a week now. the other toon is not as bad or good depending on you look at it I get to use all the fruit that I couldn't use the day b4 but in the end still have over 1/2 my backpack full of fruit. this one I don't mind cause I have some fruit for next day and still have room for gems and being able to do dungeons and habitat.

I don't think it has anything to do with the last path on drop rate just thinking bad luck. with any random generator you are gonna have highs and lows just the nature of the beast.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Mushroom Collector

it does seem a little lower on drops to me as well.

I don't use mushrooms for extra thirst so it is just the base amount. I usually get ~3 drops per day.

the last few days I have gotten (and tracked) 1, 2 and 1. not a huge difference but does seem lower than normal