Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Scrapbook Item Hunting

Sorry if this has been requested already but I just couldn't find it...

I'm one of those people who hunt for scrapbook stuff, which I find is a very nice "achievement" -like feature. But finding the right stuff can be a wee bit tedious occasionally, since you can't filter the hall of fame for a class types if I'm hunting for, i.e. the mage weapons. Other thing that bugs me is, that I need to a) remember what weapons that are in the scrapbook, b) write the missing stuff down or c) take a screenshot of the scrapbook pages.

Safe to say options a and b are out of the question. Option c has its merits, but its a pain to update... get one weapon, update the screenshot, get another one, update the screenshot, etc.

So, I'd like to request two things:

1. The possibility to filter the Hall Of Fame via class. Or perhaps Hall Of Fame -screens for each class, kind of like class only ranking (this would be actually more convenient, since you could see who the top dog in the class is)

2. Would be nice to see instantly if you have the item in your scrapbook when hovering over an item in the shops, quest givers or character screens. Something simple like, "This item is not in your scrapbook." or something completely different, but you get the point.

Atleast for request 2, it shouldn't be that hard to implement (from a developers view), but then again, I have no idea about the codebase, so I'll shut up about stuff being easy

Cheers,

Zodi (server 7)
The Following User Says Thank You to zodi For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-18-2013)
Old 04-25-2012, 04:07 AM

Yes we have talked about ot before try reading here. when I find other threads I will put a link here.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-25-2012, 06:29 AM
Truffle Shuffler

ah, cheers! need to learn to search with the correct terms it seems

edit: I went through the thread you linked, thanks for that again.

It mentioned numbering the items in the scrapbook and labeling the items in their tooltip. This would be a nice improvement, but it still vaguely option a from the original post: you need to remember what you haven't seen yet and/or what you have seen.

Also that site option is a valid option as well, will give it a try later. Though it seems like a lot of work and swapping from one site to another. But yet again, I haven't tried it so I might be totally wrong.

From an ease-of-use / usability point of view, if the tooltip says if its already in the scrapbook or not, it would remove the bit where you have to remember everything and help the player to find the items he/she is missing from their scrapbook. But it would not remove the manual searching of the items, you'd still need to browse through the Hall Of Fame to find a suitable candidate for attacking.

But then again, being a game, making things too easy for the player is always a bad direction. Using the stuff between the ears is good.

-Zodi-

Last edited by zodi; 04-25-2012 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added thoughts on the link provided
The Following User Says Thank You to zodi For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-18-2013)
Old 05-17-2013, 05:36 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Yes! it would be great when you hover over an item, you could not only get it's stats, but whether you already have it in your scrapbook or no. Would be a simple "compare" line vers your scrapbook inventory.
The Following User Says Thank You to slickdiggity For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-18-2013)
Old 05-18-2013, 04:45 PM
Wannabe Griffin

this website is a godsend for scrap booking. http://en.4m7.de/sammelalbum/index.php?id=3 i also registered with my own account so that way i could modify or highlight or deselect each pick. how i used it. was i went through each classes scrap book and clicked the pictures of the ones i didnt have. then i click the black box towards the top of the screen its around the spot where the class tabs are. that put the items behind a black background. id also open 2 browsers at the same time. so that way i could quickly switch between 1 tab or the other for comparisons

for some body with vision issues this made it so much easier. course you still have to do all the work of clicking each name individually and inspecting them. 1 of the tricks i used was id switch the hall of fame from individual people to guild listings. then id just go through a whole guild and see if any body had any thing i needed.

but after you get it full enough that wont work any more and then you will have to go back to person too person searches. some thing else you can do once your to the stage where you need to go person to person is after you have looked at 1 person if you click their rank amount it will take you back to the hall of fame and to their listing so that way you wont loose your place sorta speak. plus in the hall of fame it gives you little icons for what class each person is. so after you have gone back to the hall of fame you can just click the next what ever class icon your working on. i found it easiest to focus on just 1 class at a time. aka all war then all scout then all mage.

and i cant thank a young gal enough i once new on server 5 named Ziaxia for all her work and effort she put forth to help me with my vision issues get my scrapbook as far as she did. so yes this is a big shout out to Ziaxia thank you very much =) so now with her combined efforts and my own ways of doing things im now %100 to all jewelry....%100 to all Warrior.....%100 to all Scout......%100 to all Mage. all i need now is just guild dungeons and personal dungeons my scrap book is now like %96.62 or some thing like that. i hope all of this helps you as much as it has helped me. good luck on your trials to getting the scrap book completed =)

Last edited by moesan; 05-18-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: typing some more stuffs.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:59 PM

yes the pics of the items there are nice to have I copied and pasted all the items into word then deleted the ones I had. That way I could check all classes at the same time and not have to go thru the HoF more then once.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Crusader

I also used the 4m7.de site. You can search for items you need while waiting for quests to complete. The column on the right allows you to enter the name of the person who has an item you need. since most of these items are low-level, and most low-level players are inactive, it is uncommon to have a player switch out an item before you have a chance to attack.

I found it was easiest to go through one class and one item type at a time, starting with weapons. That way you only need to focus on one item slot as you scroll through the players. You will discover that once you have found all of the warrior weapons, you will also have found over half of the other warrior clothing items without even trying.