Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:36 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default additional armor?

I had a quick search but didn't seem to find the right topic/thread (although there are a lot of armor hits)

I realize there is a dmg reduction for a class (i.e. warrior @ 50%) related to armor. So once you reach that cap, is additional armor value worth anything?

So for example say the warrior reaches the 50% at 6000 armor. The character can have 7000 armor though. Does the additional armor do anything in fights etc or just act as a buffer as the character levels?

The reason I ask is for the sake of buying/trading out new pieces. My stats will improve (but only slightly) if I drop armor value but the character will still currently maintain the max reduction for my toons level. Just wasn't sure if I'd be losing anything by dropping that much armor value.

elk
Old 06-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Adventurer

The max percentage (for warrior) is 50%, there's no actual max armour.
The 50% is against players of your own level, all additional armour is handy to get the same 50% against higher level players.

Last edited by Vizari; 06-19-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Community Manager

The higher your char's level the higher the armor must be. You cannot wear the maximum armor with level 30, then skill your character over weeks to be level 50 and have still the 50% reduction. Armor must constantly increase as your character is leveled up.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by elk View Post
I realize there is a dmg reduction for a class (i.e. warrior @ 50%) related to armor. So once you reach that cap, is additional armor value worth anything?
As noted, you'd just be padding your statistic for later. There would be no immediate benefit to have more than would give you the 50% reduction. Either use it to pad for later levels, or hover around it by getting better stats items, but risk not having full dmg reduction sometimes.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:38 PM
Blacksmith

In short, yes. You can never have "too much armor". If you're a level 10 warrior and you have 1000 armor, you'll have 50% damage reduction for all opponents you face up to level 20 (1000 armor/50{%}=20 levels)

Now to see how much armor you need to have maximal reduction against an opponent, take his level and multiply it with your maximal reduction (for warriors it's 50, scouts it's 25, mages it's 10).

So say I'm looking at a level 130 scout, and as a level 50 warrior, I want to know how much armor I need to have 50% reduction against him (level 130*50 armor reduction=6500 armor).