Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Alliances & Mergers

Notices

Alliances & Mergers Alliances & mergers

Old 05-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Stable Boy

Default GUILD MERGER OFFER

GODSLAYERS is currently looking for another active guild to join us in order to keep growing at a fast paste. Recruiting is slow lately due to the large amount of small guilds doing nothing. (In my opinion, 10 gold is to low to start a guild: Pretty much anyone can do it pass level 8). Also, I don't believe in poaching members from other guilds)

GUILD INFO:

Fortress: 30
Treasure: 70%
Instructor: 72%

We are open to any offers regarding a merge. If you are another guild in the same situation, look me up via game mail or post offer here.

Good gaming to all,

WhySoRed

Last edited by WhySoRed; 05-27-2010 at 07:16 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:56 PM
Adventurer

The problem is, any guild in your same situation has already sunk mushrooms into bonuses and will be reluctant to abandon them. You'd probably be better off targeting an active non-paying guild, or at least a guild that's still new enough they haven't paid in yet.
Old 05-27-2010, 07:58 PM
Blacksmith

I agree that the ease of creating a guild does flood the system. I think I started my guild at Lv 5. (although I have stayed around to create a good guild)
So anyone can start one with very little effort and then not do much too it later. There are a ton of dead guilds around FableTown (We decided not to go to war and therefor still sit with 0 honor) with only 1-6 players and only 1 or two of them are still leveling.
Old 05-27-2010, 08:16 PM
Stable Boy

That's actually a good move you did (Not going to war). That way, you evade other guild from poaching your members. Since we started GvG, we lost 4 members to the same guild (Torment) who keeps inviting from our guild. But thats the game ( I don't hate them for that neither, nor the players that left).

Eventually you'll blast out of no where like we did and top guilds will be like WTF! Anyways, with the new guild dungeon coming along, guilds will have other things to do as a guild other than GvG, which is a good thing to keep members in the guild.

On this I leave you by wishing great success to FableTown, you made a good guild from what I can See

Good Gaming,

WhySoRed
Old 05-27-2010, 08:29 PM
Blacksmith

Well we have lost a couple members to other guilds but they weren't in for more than a day or so before they left. I know others in my guild have gotten offers and turned them down.

I agree with Dweomer though you are going to come across guilds that are not willing to give up the work they have already put into a guild. When I made my merger tread I had 4 guilds approach me about a merger but after talking they all decided to stay in their guilds instead of combining. It is a hard thing to give up when you worked hard together to get it where it is.

You might get a smaller new guild to join you though and add a few new members that way.
Old 05-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Blacksmith

As time passes by it's getting harder to merge with other guilds. I know, we were one of those guilds that rono is talking about. My advice to you whysored is to stop thinking about mergers and focus on recruiting individual members.
PS : prepare to defend yourself in the next few days. I'm sending an attack on you guys.

Last edited by goku; 05-27-2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:49 AM
Sheep

Well goku, normally I would agree with you, but we are almost complete with one merger (2 members left to bring over) and should be starting another one soon. The opportunities are out there. you just have to be good at sniffing them out. And i must say that my officer Wacker has a hound dog nose!

Strum

Former King of the Hunters of Retribution
Old 05-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Blacksmith

I have to agree with you strum. But I'm referring to a situation where you have 2 guild with mostly non paying players. If i have opportunity to spend 400 mushrooms for 10 new players i would certainly do it. For most mid strong guilds it should be priority to use mushrooms to upgrade exp and gold features. As i said, it is not that hard if you have enough mushrooms. Good luck to you guys in hunters.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:12 AM
Sheep

You speak the truth Goku. This merger brought 14 new members (if all of them are coming over...I think 2 are inactives) So the cost has definately added up.

Strum

Former King of the Hunters of Retribution
Old 05-28-2010, 11:23 AM
Sheep

Good luck, hope to get some more competition soon.

Also, we've been farming Torment pretty hard, so they're probably just trying to stay near the top; I wouldn't take it personally.