Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 05:16 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default Scouts damage got down..? Warriors own the game?

I don't know, but my damage is much higher than my friend warrior. By the way, I am scout.

And in fight he hits about 0,5 more damage than I and he gots tons more hitpoints, but our constitution is very similiar.

Did admins lowered scouts damage and increased it for warriors?!!
Old 08-30-2010, 06:20 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Check the range of damage you can do, compared to your friend's warrior. Is it possible that you hit the lower end of your range while he hit the higher end of his damage? That has been known to happen for all.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:02 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Also do remember if you both have max armour he will reduce yours by 50% whereas you will only reduce his by 25%. This being mitigated by your greater chance to evade than his to block.

Also, make sure you compare his dex to your str as these will will help in reducing damage.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:05 AM
Adventurer

Also, his multiplicator for calculating hit points is 5, while yours is 4. Depending on your levels and actual difference in Con, this can make for a huge difference.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:17 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Check the range of damage you can do, compared to your friend's warrior. Is it possible that you hit the lower end of your range while he hit the higher end of his damage? That has been known to happen for all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischief View Post
Also do remember if you both have max armour he will reduce yours by 50% whereas you will only reduce his by 25%. This being mitigated by your greater chance to evade than his to block.

Also, make sure you compare his dex to your str as these will will help in reducing damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
Also, his multiplicator for calculating hit points is 5, while yours is 4. Depending on your levels and actual difference in Con, this can make for a huge difference.
My damage is 11 000 - 14 000
His damage is 7 000 - 10 000

His strength is 950, dexterity 200. (he's warrior)
Mine strength is 210, dexterity 1053.(i'm scout)

And I am not weak. My armour is 22%. I'm level 53, cleared 27 dungeons.
He cleared 26.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Adventurer

What is your friends armour?

Let's assume he has maximum armour for a warrior, which is 50%. Then the damage you can do to him would not be 11000-14000, but 6500-7000.
Likewise, with your 22% of armour his damage range would change from 5500-7800. So your damage ranges overlap more than you think.

In an actual fight, it's a little more complicated as not all precise factors are known, so those numbers are very rough estimates.

Another thought: Does he use potions (or did he in the fight you mentioned?)? This can greatly effect damage when he uses (a) strength potions (increasing his own damage) or (b) dexterity potions (lowering your damage).
Old 08-31-2010, 04:06 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabRat View Post
What is your friends armour?

Let's assume he has maximum armour for a warrior, which is 50%. Then the damage you can do to him would not be 11000-14000, but 6500-7000.
Likewise, with your 22% of armour his damage range would change from 5500-7800. So your damage ranges overlap more than you think.

In an actual fight, it's a little more complicated as not all precise factors are known, so those numbers are very rough estimates.

Another thought: Does he use potions (or did he in the fight you mentioned?)? This can greatly effect damage when he uses (a) strength potions (increasing his own damage) or (b) dexterity potions (lowering your damage).
Ok thx.