Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 07:20 AM
Adventurer

Default Dear S&F, The Silent Knights are retiring!

*I post this here rather than the guild section because of the message beyond just retiring.

Not all of you know us, as we're only active on s2. (though some members are active on a few other servers)

But, we have decided to retire the guild. And we have decided to do it our way. Rather than drag on and fall apart, we simply do a week of dungeons and then go out with dignity.
We have had a great time beating through the ranks and finally settling on rank 2. Rank 1 was always, and still is, way out of our reach.
But, we've reached rank 2, without poaching! But, this staying loyal and don't poach policy we've adopted and stayed true to comes with its issues. Member replacement is a lot harder. But, we liked it that way. Our growth game from within. Occasionally new members, absorbing another guild that was dying. It was due to Strategic Disorder that we got beyond rank 4/5. =]

Personally, our top 6 all reached rank 1 at one point or another. We've been a great force on the front page for quite some time.

But, the game has now become a grind. Leveling at 300 takes 2 weeks with 300 thirst and 50% mount. Stats are so costly that you only get a few points a day. Personal and guild dungeons take many many months to just get another one.

The scrap book was a lot of fun! I was the first to complete it. But, that was over rather quickly.

The toilet, it didn't really add anything other than a few new graphics and slightly increased equip stats.

So, we've come to a position of just dragging along, staying out of loyalty, not actually enjoying ourselves. All feasible goals attained, so nothing within reach to stay for, either.

And... I don't want to spend money on that anymore. Not even time, really. Maybe in the future I'll return and fight again... if things change. But as it is now, Playa Games doesn't maintain this game well. The only thing they add regularly are new servers.

But, it's been great while it lasted. So, we're both sad to move on and leave that behind us, as well as happy with the decision to go find something else to do.

So, thanks for all the fun guys. Hope you guys keep on having fun. =]

EDIT: Message from Sir Jaunty, the beloved leader of The Silent Knights, who gave us all a great time here. =]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Jaunty View Post
Howdy! I'm the guild leader of The Silent Knights. I was actually going to craft an exit interview only to find Viz has mostly said everything already.

First I'd like to thank all the people on server two. Some, Slydovehand comes to mind, made me want to tear my hair out, but most were great. During our steady rise we had some tough battles with rival guilds. We always respected our opponents and always maintained our moral code. While our guild was being bombarded with poach attempts during our rise, we never poached. And we only lost 2 people to poaching during our run (both very early on). That loyalty went both ways. We never kicked a player who was active. That is who we were.

Recently I ran out of shrooms and I asked myself, "Why am I spending money on this game anymore?" I had no answer. Our guild wasn't going to reach #1 unless the top guild quit. I had my scrapbook as full as our guild dungeons allowed. I had been #1 on the HoF. My current dungeon will take 6 months to kill. My next level a month and next toilet level at least a month. Why am I grinding?

When I brought this up to the others at the top we all felt the same way. Hitting 300 killed the game for me. I've spent as much money on this game as a monthly sub mmo, but those games constantly add content and bug fixes.

Now to more specific points beyond the grind/no new content points.

First I'd say I feel distanced from the developers. Nothing against the wonderful people moderating this site, but you get the feeling they have no idea what Playa is planning. In other games you'd occasionally get developer updates or at least teases for what's on the horizon.

In respect to PvP. I really dislike the honor system in this game. It encourages just spamming people way above you then switching when you get within 1000 honor. It's a dumb system and needs fixing.

The mail system still is a glitchy mess. No sent folder, no officer contact list. No officer chat for that matter.

We spend 5-6 million gold for a dungeon attack, then the guild gets attacked 5 minutes later and nobody gets to see the result. My suggestion was battle review button for the latest attack and defense. It's really frustrating to have to ask the guild "So how did we do?" or "Why did we lose that defense, I missed it."

Anyway... I have some other nitpicky stuff, but I'll save it. Thanks again to the people who made this game fun.

PS - Lord Arse, I'll miss seeing your name in my inbox lol.

Last edited by Vizari; 06-24-2012 at 07:34 PM.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
darren00 (06-21-2012), Darstard (06-21-2012), demonwarrior (06-21-2012), GeorgeKen (06-21-2012), Gynx (06-21-2012), iTZKooPA (06-22-2012), Lord Arse (06-21-2012), MoSkeeToe (07-03-2012), polopoloyuuu (06-24-2012), Priam (06-22-2012), Rizathivax (06-28-2012), Sir Jaunty (06-24-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 07:27 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Your retirement - statement pretty much sums up everything I have been moaning about the last 2-3 months...

Unfortunately everything you mentioned has been a major factor for many people to stop playing, and not many new players joining either... Things have to change or this game will die sooner or later.

Thank you for this post and good luck.

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 06-21-2012 at 07:33 AM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:45 AM
Blacksmith

Sad you doing that. I wish you all the best in the future.
PS come and play on S1
Old 06-21-2012, 10:17 AM
Adventurer

Well said and good luck
Old 06-21-2012, 10:22 AM

It is always a sad day when one of the good players of the game hangs up sword, bow or wand for other things I will for one miss you here in the forum. I hope one day you decide to come back either to your old toon or on another server to take what ever guild you are a part of to the top. Enjoy your free time that you will now have not playing and have fun doing it.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Adventurer

Thanks, guys. =]

I won't be returning, though. Well, not to a new server, at least. If they add some new exciting things I might play again for some time.

Should be able to enjoy my time with a few upcoming MMOs I want to play. =]
Old 06-21-2012, 12:20 PM
Blacksmith

to keep this game exciting and intersting they developers will have to make a new update atleast once a week not a big update everytime maybe a big update once a month but that is the only way they hardly update and then when they do it takes ages for it to come out
Old 06-21-2012, 01:19 PM
Adventurer

Stay on target
Old 06-21-2012, 01:37 PM
Blacksmith

I remember battling with you guys on a near daily basis with GreekGod. Always fun (even if you did beat us pretty much consistently :P ) and it'll be a shame to see one of the old school leaving.

Retired on S2 myself now, just concentrating (barely) on keeping GG and myself in #1 spot. The game certainly needs a whole new element. Some kind of world chat would be the biggest plus to the game right now, but I'm not holding my breath.

Best of luck with whatever you play next, Vizari. Try not to be a stranger to the forums
Old 06-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arse View Post
...some kind of world chat would be the biggest plus to the game right now, but I'm not holding my breath...

http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.ph...rgarden&page=2