Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by masoud View Post
lol, there was no need to edit deadmeat, I didnt have objection.
thank you!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:41 PM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Yahoo to masoud

http://up.vatandownload.com/images/s...2qrnx97jh8.jpg

Its not photoshop, I was lvl 15, I defeated someone lvl 45, because of better equipment.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:58 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:

Its not photoshop, I was lvl 15, I defeated someone lvl 45, because of better equipment.
When doing experimental runs to prove a point, your point is further strengthened by doing multiple runs and showing that a majority of results support your hypothesis. The greater the pool of data, the stronger your point. Talking from a scientific point of view, you should also explain the various factors that contribute to your hypothesis and how further repetitions of the experiment would not in fact change the results. But I digress.

Simply put, one victory doesn't prove your point as multiple factors come into play: was this level 45 well equipped for his level range? Is his stats comparable to other level 45's? Keep in mind that just because his stats suck doesn't mean he's an exp player. Most exp-players are at par with those at their range.

For instance, this particular player emphasized buffing dex as a mage, and as a level 45, his best stats (which happened to be his tertiary stat) is about 1/8 of my best stat as an exp player who is 2 levels below him (level 43).

My guess is that this particular player used his gold towards the guild or something other than himself, or he wasted it buying tertiary gear. Not your typical player, and certainly nowhere near the average exp player.

Take on at least 10 people at that level who are exp players and you'll have a much better case (though even then 10 is rather lacking for a test population).

Last edited by Jengas; 07-03-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Mushroom Collector

Of course he doesn't upgrade hes skill points perfectly.
But its a good example to see his high levels didn't save him to don't lose against low level player.
I know if he well equipped I didn't have any chance to win, but the thing that I want to point at is experience don't have an important place it battle formula.
Old 07-03-2012, 05:03 PM

Actually the only thing proven is that he doesn't spend gold on stats or at least not much on them. If you don't build stats and keep equipment updated you will lose to lower lvl player no matter if you go for gold quests or exp ones. You will find that the top players on every server are exp quest players btw.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (07-05-2012), Jengas (07-03-2012)
Old 07-03-2012, 07:23 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Actually the only thing proven is that he doesn't spend gold on stats or at least not much on them. If you don't build stats and keep equipment updated you will lose to lower lvl player no matter if you go for gold quests or exp ones. You will find that the top players on every server are exp quest players btw.
QFT

masoud, you're adding controls for aspects of the game that are unrealistic. You took out gear and stats, and made the only variable level. But how many people actually simply just level without replacing any gear or spending any gold on their stats? What you played against was simply a player who was higher leveled, not an exp-player. This doesn't prove your point in that exp-playing is not more beneficial in the long run than gold-playing. It proves that level by itself, completely detached and irrelevant from exp or gold focused play, is not useful. You're confusing the pure singular component of ''level'' with all of the added components of being a higher level while exp-playing.

Last edited by Jengas; 07-03-2012 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:

He's more than likely just using a bot and not actually buying anything, you did get maximum gold from the attack I'm pretty sure.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:15 PM
Mushroom Collector

Its good to say I am a guild leader and until now I donated 362 to guild, because as a leader I have to make it strong.

If I used all 362 for upgrading my skill points rather than donating I could show you how to defeat high exp players, not lvl 45 but at least I could defeat someone lvl 24 at least.

I browse hall of fame and see average of main attribute of lvl 24 players are 300. What do you think? If I didn't donate that amount of golds still I didn't have any chance to defeat them?

And finally its good to say you can rob golds up to your level, I attacked him almost 6 times every 10 minutes until he go down enough to hall of fame to stop reward me golds.

I robbed 90 within one hour. You can find a lot of players like him, just browse hall of fame. Every one are not expert enough to skill up wisely.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:11 AM
Crusader

training strategy is just one component of overall game strategy. Just as in real life. Going to college and earning a degree will in most caseslead to more income than dropping out of high school. However, if the college graduate spends his money on booze, cigarettes, credit card interest, and lottery tickets, he may end up with less wealth than a drop-out who saves and invests his money.

Last edited by spiny norman; 07-04-2012 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:32 AM
Blacksmith

Masoud, what you're missing is that your point gain per day decreases with each day you remain at the same level. In fact, your skill point costs increases faster than your gold gain per day that you'll quickly hit a wall where you won't gain but a few points for a full day's worth of gold; quest, city guard and all. Meaning each consecutive day, you will be able to purchase fewer and fewer points, while your exp friends won't experience such lag for a much longer period of time. They will in fact have better stats than you for playing the same amount of time. So while your "level vs stat" argument actually has some validity, your "gold vs exp" does not.

Last edited by Jengas; 07-04-2012 at 01:34 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jengas For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (07-04-2012), Darstard (07-04-2012)