Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 02-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Blacksmith

Default FireFox Not Loading SHakes & Fidget

I don't kmow how many others are having this problem but I can not get Firefox to load Shakes & Fidget, I have uninstalled and Re-installed Adobe Flash & Firefox a few times.

Flash Version = 11.6.602.168
FireFox Version 18.0.2 (British Version) (Using a Canadian Dictionary)
Operating System = Windows XP Pro SP3 + All Current Security Updates
Firewall/Antivirus = Agnitum Outpost Security Suite 7.1

Nothing I do seems to get Firefox to load S&F beyond this point it just hangs as this attached screen shot shows. Image was re-sized smaller to post on this site due to Forum & Image size restrictions

Shakes & Fidget Works just fine when I play using Google Chrome and in Internet Explorer 8 the only time I have problems is when ever I try to play using the New Firefox version. Playing with version 18 and the older Flash File it worked fine.

So am I the only one with this problem if so how Do I fix things so I can go back to playing S&f with Firefox.
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 10-14-2013 at 05:14 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Evail Frog For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (02-14-2013)
Old 02-14-2013, 09:56 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I'm on 18.0.2 US and have had no issues, although I am on Win 7, not XP.

Can anyone else confirm on WinXP (I am trying to locate a machine)?
Old 02-20-2013, 03:57 PM
Blacksmith

The problem is still happening to me I upgraded to FireFox 19.0 and Upgraded from Internet Explorer 7 to IE8

Using those 2 browsers I can not get S&F to load past that Gargoyle head frame in the attached screen shot. For some unknown reason everything just stops there and freezes up on me. My PC keeps working through out all of this. I can do what ever I like. Except I just can not get S&F to load. I even left the web page up for 5 hours it never loaded beyond the Gargoyle frame..

I have tried uninstalling and re-installing all of the Browsers on my PC. I have also updated to the newest version of adobe flash for IE & Firefox

I will try uninstalling them all one last time and doing a clean install of Flash & both browsers but after that I will give up on trying to get S&F to load. I will use Google Chrome for now but I hate not being able to play using Firefox like I used to.

I am finding the problems I am having with this game to be more & more frustrating as time goes by. I said I would Quit when It is no longer fun it is close to that point now.
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 02-20-2013 at 04:01 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:10 PM
Assassin

I haven't been able to locate an XP machine that I was able to play with enough to perform the tests under your specified conditions. I'm still attempting to find one.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Same Problem Here

I have the same problem in Firefox and Chrome. It's been happening since the latest Flash update. Luckily, I was able to get it to load in IE 9.0.8112.16421 for the first time in days today. I'm using Windows 7.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SandF_blankscreen.jpg (25.0 KB, 4 views)
Old 03-12-2013, 10:26 AM
Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinTWizard View Post
I have the same problem in Firefox and Chrome. It's been happening since the latest Flash update. Luckily, I was able to get it to load in IE 9.0.8112.16421 for the first time in days today. I'm using Windows 7.
The issue has now been confirmed. Playa Games is looking into the changes made to Flash to create a hotfix/patch.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:58 PM
Crusader

I have windows 7 and firefox 19.0.2. No problems in a quick test (I usually play on chrome).