Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Alliances & Mergers

Notices

Alliances & Mergers Alliances & mergers

Old 06-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Blacksmith

Well we can still be an alliance in name and if we ever think of a way to help each other than hey we win XD

Thinking outside the box is fun. And who knows maybe we will think of a way to make it work.

Last edited by ronozoro; 06-14-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:12 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Wow....

Wow, i never thought that my topic would bring this many pros and cons. I love the ideas that were offered. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say...what the heck. Lets do it. So from here on out, whomever would like to join an "un-named" (think of a cool, snappy name later), alliance, feel free to send me an in-game mail, Murderdeathkill. Thanks for all the cool responses!
Old 06-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I'm surprised no one mentioned the obvious drawback to this. If every top guild was under attack non-stop, that is a lot of gold to pay for wars AND it would freeze the top guilds,not force a change. The one guild being defended by the "alliance" would be under non-stop attacks from the top guilds that could gain honor from fighting them. Otherwise, it prevents the top guilds from attacking each other when they might have a chance of beating another top guild.
Old 06-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Blacksmith

That is true... Unless you had one small easy guild also constantly attacking the alliances front guild to keep top guilds from attacking them.

The amount of gold is a major draw back. You would have to be constantly attacking guilds with lv. 50 fortresses.

I don't know if FableTown would ever really be interested in trying something like this since it seems like a lot of resources for a possible temporary position since the smaller guilds couldn't keep the top guilds down forever.

I do however find it very interesting to think of ways that guilds could work together in a game that is not really designed for alliances.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:00 AM
Sheep

Gold is one of the conveniant needles to burst my bubble, don't know what i was thinking when i forgot that. The only way to probably get over the gold hurdle would be to multi-account. I might be up for a dishonorable tactic in theory, such as freezing guild war progress, but fluffing up the ranks with fake accounts? NEVER!
1) breaks terms of service
2) Is an unfair advantage
3) takes more resources than just one character, and i am not paying as is
4) I'm a little too lazy to want to do more than one. I won't even play for my wife!
She doesn't play, so don't bother looking for her. If you knew her you would like her though.

To get back to the point, alliances may have insurmountable odds against them, but that doesn't mean they are without use or appeal for those who can be creative enough to find a use for them. The game might not be designed for it, but that doesn't mean it can't be done with a benefit. Due to the gold issue, probably not going to take down the big guys, i'll concede that point, but it could still protect smaller guilds from bullies, and potentially donate resources.
Old 06-15-2010, 07:27 AM
Blacksmith

I was at war last night. FableTown just started to war. And I realized another important point we were missing. There is a 90 min cool down between wars. So each big guild would have to have two little guilds attacking it in order to keep them locked.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:46 AM
Mushroom Collector

There are other good things about alliances. For example say a guild gets a grudge against you for some reason and they are more powerful. They continue to attack your members endlessly...If you are allied with a guild that is strong enough to take them on. They can attack that guild every time that guild attacks you making it so it becomes less worth it and less fun to pick on the weaker guild.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

yea .. Nothing like having your big sister beat up that big bad bully for you, huh. Basically, you are complaining about getting beat up, so you find someone else to beat them up for you. Outstanding circular logic.