Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Guild treasure hunting

A new guild dungeon/raid/treasure hunting feature that costs mushrooms and maybe also some gold, to allow guilds to hunt for items just like regular dungeons.

- Just like the regular guild raid, it wouldn't be possible to start a treasure hunt while the guild has a raid or attack scheduled.
- The dungeons are randomly generated. It's treasure hunting, so there's no need to make thematic dungeons with preset enemies.
- The level of the enemies would be calculated based on the guild members levels. (more on that later)
- Unlike guild raids, there would be no limit of times it could be performed.
- A decent cost, I was thinking about something like 100 mushrooms.
- The treasure hunt consists of 10 enemies, the last one being the boss. Each enemy would have a chance of dropping an epic item, just regular dungeons.
- When the enemy drops an item, the game randomly picks a member of the group to give give an epic item of appropriate level and class.
- After receiving an item, the person is excluded from the subsequent drops.
- The boss would have a 100% chance of dropping an item, and defeating him would also reward some xp for the group.
- Treasure hunts are not saved, so it wouldn't be possible to continue a hunt after the group is defeated.
If the group is defeated at the third boss without getting any epics, well, though luck. Next time the guild will have to pay the same price to start a new hunt from the beggining.

I know my suggestion has flaws, but the main idea is to provide us a way to use mushrooms to help guildies to advance after maxing treasure and instructor.
I spent like a hundred mushrooms today cycling through the magic shop, and I would rather spend this number of mushrooms for the chance of getting epics and xp for guildies, even if I don't get one myself.

Creating a dungeon for treasure hunting based on the level of the players and the size of the guild is probably the biggest challenge here. Limiting the size of the hunt to 10 levels would benefit bigger guilds. Making it too hard would maybe lead guilds to be more strict about the members level, or even forbid some players to join treasure hunts to increase the chance of giving epics to the highest players.

If this turns out to be impossible, we could instead have a solo treasure hunting feature:
Pay a hundred mushrooms to fight 10 enemies with levels based on your own. And just like the guild version, you could be defeated before the boss and end up with nothing.

But of course, only if the guild version turns out to be impossible to make. Because I'd like to have a feature like this to allow us to spend mushrooms with the guild, and not just to create a new way to get gear.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Fabao For This Useful Post:
blackhatnot (11-21-2011), iTZKooPA (11-22-2011), Kaung Htike Tun (11-25-2011), moreum (11-21-2011), Vizari (11-22-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:07 PM
Stable Boy

I think this is a great idea. It gives guilds who are stuck on a particular Raid level something to do other than repeatedly attack other guilds. Since these treasure hunts are level-based, it should be a challenge no matter how leveled the guild members are, but never too hard or too easy.

To build on top of Fabao's idea a little bit:
In addition to being excluded from subsequent drops in that particular treasure hunt, players who receive an item will be excluded until every player in the guild receives something. The last thing we need is drama over players who are jealous of other player's luck with drops (for those of us who have played more organized MMO's, I'm sure that's not something we want). This also prevents players from being unlucky and never benefiting from a possible new feature.

Maybe generate a list of the guild's members in random order first, and once the list is filled with items, generate another random list? Then there's the option of making this list visible or hidden. Personally I think it should be hidden to discourage those who are due for the next item reward to pester officers/leaders to hurry up and do a treasure hunt.

This suggestion deals with two "problems" with the game right now: mushrooms are really not worth donating after maxing out your bonuses, and dungeons become too short-supply after beating the first 9 (one every 5 levels instead of every 2). The second point really isn't that big of a deal, but who doesn't want a chance to get shiny new epic gear?

Great idea Fabao!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackhatnot For This Useful Post:
Fabao (11-22-2011), moreum (11-21-2011)
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via Skype™ to moreum

I would support this idea. great job Fabao!
sorry got nothing to add seems like everything is already discussed although I might be wrong and there are people out there that want to chew this over one more or even more times.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:09 PM
Sheep

ideas like this will bring life back to the dying game
Old 11-22-2011, 01:51 AM
Adventurer

Great idea!
Old 11-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Wow, I didn't expect that much support in such small time (about 12h), thanks everyone for the support and the suggestions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhatnot View Post
To build on top of Fabao's idea a little bit:
In addition to being excluded from subsequent drops in that particular treasure hunt, players who receive an item will be excluded until every player in the guild receives something. The last thing we need is drama over players who are jealous of other player's luck with drops (for those of us who have played more organized MMO's, I'm sure that's not something we want). This also prevents players from being unlucky and never benefiting from a possible new feature.

Maybe generate a list of the guild's members in random order first, and once the list is filled with items, generate another random list? Then there's the option of making this list visible or hidden. Personally I think it should be hidden to discourage those who are due for the next item reward to pester officers/leaders to hurry up and do a treasure hunt.
I agree with you that drama and jealousy should be avoided, but this would raise other problems, like new members not being entitled for drops until a new list is generated.
Besides, as a programmer, I understand some of the restrictions the developers have to deal with, so I tried to keep my suggestion as simple as possible.
That's why I suggested the "dungeon" in this case to be randomly generated and to not be saved if the group is defeated. That way treasure hunting would not require the developers to design thematic levels and no extra information would need to be saved after the hunting is over.

Not saying this would be easy to design - IMO sizing the guild to create a dungeon hard enough to be a challenge but never a walkover is far from trivial.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:22 AM
Mushroom Collector

nice idea..
only one change i would like to suggest..
as you stated that the game will randomly choose the epic drooped...how about giving it to the player who finished the monster
Old 11-22-2011, 08:10 AM

how about this change to your idea make it cost gold instead of shrooms since costing shrooms would cut out non shroom guilds and have it to where you could pick items, exp or shrooms and the shrooms can be donated to the guild which would help out those non shrooming guilds

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 11-22-2011 at 08:12 AM. Reason: added info
Old 11-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
how about this change to your idea make it cost gold instead of shrooms since costing shrooms would cut out non shroom guilds and have it to where you could pick items, exp or shrooms and the shrooms can be donated to the guild which would help out those non shrooming guilds
My suggestion was designed over my own experience of the game:
- first, to address the lack of use of mushrooms donation for guilds after maxing instructor and treasure.
- I spent around a hundred mushrooms to find one epic item in the magic shop, and that was a pretty tedious task. Sure I could find it after using just 5 mushrooms, or maybe not find any after a thousand of mushrooms, it's random so there's no guarantee. But in the end that made me think "I'd rather have used these mushrooms to further help my guild instead."
- After reading some of the suggestions already made, I noticed a lot of people came up with stuff like "guild store house" to pass on items to guildmates, which would also require adding some sort of level requirement to every item.
Treasure hunting would also work as a way to reward items to guildmates without incurring in any extra complexity.

Using gold for treasure hunting IMO feels like cheating the system. Why buy mushrooms to search for epics in the item shops if you can get them with gold?

I know this may sound bad for non-shroomers, but if the game had gold alternatives for every feature a lot of people would just stop buying mushrooms.
Making it a guild feature would allow several people to pool in for a chance of getting epics to advance the guild as a whole, instead of individually using mushrooms to renew goods in the item shop.

I think we can come up with other ways to help non-shroomers guilds to advance - actually I think I'm going to make a search for another idea I just had and possibly start a new topic abou it.
Old 11-22-2011, 09:15 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ekhart View Post
nice idea..
only one change i would like to suggest..
as you stated that the game will randomly choose the epic drooped...how about giving it to the player who finished the monster
Not very fair. This would leave out the lower range, who are to weak to kill a guild dungeon monster. And it would likely leave out the higher range, who are either having to team up to kill the boss, or simply don't get a turn because all mobs are killed before they reach the highest characters.

On top of that, some strong players might get a lucky middle and be able to defeat multiple mobs.

Of course it will surely be the higher level players who manage to kill the boss, certainly noone at the bottom half.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Only way for ideas like this to have a chance is if it can make playa games more money. Which is quite understandable... considering how having a new option for getting epics without having to spend any shrooms wouldn't be an incentive to buy shrooms.