Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-23-2013, 11:07 PM
Sheep

No they should not calm down. I dont have a toon on S1 or S2, but I empathize with everyone.

The problem is this... not the fact that a technical glitch occured. It happens. The problem is there is NO communication between the ppl in germany and their customers. The mods are pretty much useless and this the result.

I would advise everyone to never ever spend another dime on this stupid game.

BYE

oh and really!!! we should beg and hope and pray for another bonus weekend. And be SO happy the SNF idiot gods decided we should be so lucky?

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-24-2013 at 04:54 AM. Reason: double posting/ removed profanity
Old 06-24-2013, 02:14 AM
Mushroom Collector

There is no need to play if you have such an attitude. If you cant understand technical problems, no matter how long they did last, playa didnt made them intentionally. They even fixed them, and you are calling this game stupid now just because you didnt finished your 4evens weekend (as nobody did in those 2 servers) which might come up next wekend for you if you ask polietly and not rage over forums. Hold your horses or go away.
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-24-2013 at 04:58 AM. Reason: edited Inappropriate Language
Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Blacksmith

Hi Jovansa:
Jabroni has a point we the angry people/community of players of Shakes & Fidget need to voice our anger about this sort of thing when it happens. There has just been To many times that we have let these things slide and all we have gotten by doing that was the short end of the stick. Worse yet when we ignore these types of things all we get is the end point with all the poop on it and I sure don't think it is fun being at the crappy end of the stick...

We the community need to make Playa Games aware of just how sick we are of their not even bothering to post regular updates for the North American community of players. I am willing to bet 15 Mushrooms that the German version forums for this game has a constant update section for when one of those servers goes down. So why are things here for us On Servers S1 and S2 so much different?

This is just my small question why does Playa Games go out of their way to appease or Make sure that their German/European community members get constant updates on server problems while we the North American Communitys are often left twiddling our thumbs wondering when the blessed servers will come back online.

So why is their such Silence for the North American Counterpart when these kinds of problems arise? I think it is because those European players raise all kinds of unholy hell on the forum and by sending in E-mails to their games modderators and support staff demanding constant feeback/updates on whats going on with their beloved game. We all know the Squeeky Wheel gets the oil. So perhaps it is past time for us players using the North American Servers to do the same thing as our European counterparts...

We the North American Players need to make sure Playa Games hears our squeaking and that it is loud enough that they have to answer us or risk loosing even more of it's player base. In Less than 30 minutes time the North American S1 and S2 servers will shut down for another update and I am left wondering just how long will the 2 servers go off-line for this time...

I know I can't wait around for them to come back on-line particularily if they are going to be hours rebooting. I have many things to do such as get a good nights sleep and I would rather make sure my toon is working a 10 hour guard shift than sitting around doing nothing qhile awaiting the games servers to come back on-line.

I am tired of Playa Games ignoring us we need to make them aware that we the paying player base and we the free players will not stay on if they continue to ignore our needs.. Why they feel they do not need to respond or compensate us for the down time is beyond me. On 3 of my other Free to Play games we the player base are awarded small amounts of XP in Game Currency or Item X for our trouble and loss of game time.

Playa games has compensated us before when they had problems this serious but they do not always do anything about it either..

There is TWO last things I need to say Jovansa. The First one being you may want to change your post and change the word about one less blank in the community. Feel free to change it to a lesser offencive term such as Maggot. But please do not go about and disparigng remaks in reference to a persons sexuality.

1. If one of the Games Forum Mod's See's it you may get a demerit point plus some down time from the forum if they feel you also merit a temporary ban. 2. unless you are actualy dating the player how can you even know what his or her sexual prefference is.

Just some friendly advice from a Frog that used to constantly get forum bans for his posting things that contained items such as inventive and colourful use of the English language in less than an appropriate manor.

Signed
Devan player of Eva the not So Evail Frog Just my 2 Gold/Silver on the matter
Never give up & Never surrender. Fight with your last breath. Fight 2 live & Fight 2 survive. Never say never & never say die. In time all shall die, will we transcend & attain a place afterlife. I'm tired & I'd like to go home. My fight is not yet done, I'm not yet ready to cross. Pay Charon the ferryman when I go. He will need his gold if I am to cross the river Styx

Last edited by Evail Frog; 06-24-2013 at 05:46 AM. Reason: Spelling Punctuation Additional thoughts so I do not end up double posting on the same thread.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:34 AM
Mushroom Collector

I better don't respond, because we might end up in an opinion clashing eBattle...
P.S. Thanks for advice
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician
Old 06-24-2013, 08:08 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Server downs from various international communities have 1 common pattern:

a) A night active player is willing to put in a report
--> if the last staff is sleeping the problem remains unacknowledged...
b) In the early morning hours the problem is auto-resolved or more join in with the same problem
c) from 3 to 6 hours of initial down the server is back up
===============================

critical time point: the backup time, 4:00 a.m server time in Germany for example

happened often, some servers a whole week and every time a person with hardware and/or root access needs to be contacted. Longest wait in Germany >8 hours
The only official notification is a "planned" downtime, if unplanned then a player could write this note way earlier.

The weekend was functional right after refill at least 100 min, the backup down seemed to be the root of the longer downtime again.

So just saying not a problem of North America alone, rather as I would say a problem with correlation to the number of paid staff members and there ontime + end contacts – example: German game staff active at night vanishes around 2-3 am, the morning star is found most often around 7 am --> happy season of problems with connects in between - step 2: get the server restarted.
(step 3: be ready if it happens again the next backup is sadly missing)

Time slot of backup at this time:
--> Minimum load time as argument, but also worst resolve time
Putting the backup at 0:01 am when someone is still awake as well as postponing it to 09:00 am were neglected, even if the latter likely produces fast response time even without 24/7 in the tech part

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer
Old 06-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Adventurer

Forgive me if I repeat something someone else said, I didnt bother to comb through 7 pages of whines, suggestions, complaints and cheers.

The fix is simple for those on s1 or any other server that was down during this bonus weekend; Make up another epic/gold/shroom/xp birthday event, call it the Belated Birthday Weekend or something and everyone on s1 is pleased. Running it on all servers would only ensure Playa makes more money because people will still spend shrooms to find better armour and weapons or more pots etc from the shops. Worst case is people are just happy they got more gold and xp and hopefully a few shrooms.

As for the updates/reporting when servers are down..yeah, its long overdue and frustrating..especially on bonus weekends and/or when a guild is trying to take down a dungeon or something similar. But hey..its Summer for most of us..if SnF is down..get the f off yer computer and go out in the sun people!
Old 06-24-2013, 08:24 AM
Crusader

Let's face it, we've known for a long time that Playa is a rinkydink operation. Here's a link to the "faces" page of their web site:

http://www.playagames.com/en/faces

12 people, two of whom have the title of "founder," and all of whom seem to be hanging around on a beach somewhere. Only 4 have technical titles: "technical director", "system architect", "senior software engineer" and "head of support". Now I suppose that there may be some other employees, but given the fact that they've listed such high-powered job titles such as "team assistant" (? the girl who gets the coffee, I guess) I think this is their whole crew. So if "head of support" was away for the weekend with "office manager" when the US server went down there may have been no one available to fix it.

At least they have made an effort to add new content to S and F. Soccerstar has been completely abandoned: not even a patch in the past year. There has been so much attrition that you could make the top division on US server 1 in 2 months without buying stars.

No one is forcing us to play here. But if you are expecting Playa to morph into Nintendo or "The Winter Storm Company Who Shall Not Be Named" you are dreaming.

Quote:
...especially on bonus weekends and/or when a guild is trying to take down a dungeon or something similar.
Our guild actually benefited from this. We were attacked by a far superior guild just before the server crashed. Since it was down for 10 hours, no one could click in, and our half-strength defenders held them off for a 130 honor gain. If I were a member of the raiding guild, I'd be ticked.

Last edited by spiny norman; 06-24-2013 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:24 AM
Blacksmith

the amount of staff playa has is the biggest issue but looking at the staff list now there is more than there was when bloodmoon was made but if they want players to stay with them they need to employ more staff they have more forum volunteers than actual staff which i find a waste of time all they need is a few more staff and open it 7 days a week because most of the time things go wrong on weekends and thats when the game is more active the reason of old players coming back on s1 and s2 for the special weekend isnt a good enough reason there are browser games that have thousands of active players on at the same time and they very rarely go down and if they do the players get something for free maybe "shrooms" for free or something else but s1 and s2 players should get something to keep them playing
Old 06-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Blacksmith

Here are the facts!
- Server went down, reasons unknown to players
- Biggest event of S+F history EVER!
- S1 and S2 were down for a good portion of that time.
- players (dedicated, or not) were not able to log on to see/play
- players complained, and issue was fixed
- due to time restraints, not everyone was able to do anything after the fixes.
It is not like all of S1 and S2 players went to the cottage, and forgot about this. We had no control over this, the only just thing is for these 2 servers to have this event again. I know I not asking for the moon, but were we waiting for the fix to happen. Some in front of the computer, constantly trying to reload. While other did RW things. No matter how you put it, the players did not miss this event due to their own actions. They missed it, and we would like to have it again, so that we can get a full day of it!
The Following User Says Thank You to RipClaw For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (06-24-2013)
Old 06-24-2013, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipClaw View Post
Here are the facts!
- Server went down, reasons unknown to players
- Biggest event of S+F history EVER!
- S1 and S2 were down for a good portion of that time.
- players (dedicated, or not) were not able to log on to see/play
- players complained, and issue was fixed
- due to time restraints, not everyone was able to do anything after the fixes.
It is not like all of S1 and S2 players went to the cottage, and forgot about this. We had no control over this, the only just thing is for these 2 servers to have this event again. I know I not asking for the moon, but were we waiting for the fix to happen. Some in front of the computer, constantly trying to reload. While other did RW things. No matter how you put it, the players did not miss this event due to their own actions. They missed it, and we would like to have it again, so that we can get a full day of it!
Lets see here:
- I haven't played a game yet that has told it's players why a server went down other then maintenance
- Yes it was
- Agreed
- Also agree
- Yes also I have never seen a game where the company of a game knew there was issues without the players contacting them unless it was something they did while doing an update or maintenance.
- Yes people do have real lives to lead and it sucks I lost about 20 million gold from guard duty because I couldn't login and reset it.
- For everything being said I agree s1 and s2 should get something. I don't see them giving us a day or 2 of the event again as some ppl were able to get there thirst in. I could see maybe some shrooms for both servers maybe 25 or so would be nice to throw some gold as well and if gold based off level say 2k gold per level.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz