Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 12:27 AM
Adventurer

Default Double Post in-game

I have going through since i play this game.
The chat always double post if i type something in guild.

Many people thought i gone crazy.

Please fix this.
Nakim (10-29-2011)
Old 10-27-2011, 01:39 AM
Sheep

only heard of one other person having that problem and it wasnt the s&f client or server they just updated flash and problem solved
Old 10-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Blacksmith

You probably know, but I'll mention it anyway: if you hit [UP ARROW] on the keyboard (by mistake, while aiming for [SHIFT] or [ENTER], for instance), your last posted/entered chat text is recalled from memory.

So if you type something, then mean to post it, but hit [UP ARROW] while (a fraction of a second before) hitting [ENTER], it's your last message that will appear in the chat window.
Nakim (10-29-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 11:23 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
only heard of one other person having that problem and it wasnt the s&f client or server they just updated flash and problem solved
To the latest flash? I will try that

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
You probably know, but I'll mention it anyway: if you hit [UP ARROW] on the keyboard (by mistake, while aiming for [SHIFT] or [ENTER], for instance), your last posted/entered chat text is recalled from memory.

So if you type something, then mean to post it, but hit [UP ARROW] while (a fraction of a second before) hitting [ENTER], it's your last message that will appear in the chat window.
Well even if i accidentally hit that, i am sure i won't do that on every post in game.
Old 10-29-2011, 02:10 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwarrior View Post
Well even if i accidentally hit that, i am sure i won't do that on every post in game.
True, DW, but I only saw one line repeated in your screenie.

Anyway, I just thought of mentioning it in case it only happened once in a while (heh... it sure does to me... really annoying too; I usually notice it in time, unless really tired, but even so, I have to retype my intended message again).
Didn't mean to imply that you did it it all the time.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:17 PM
Adventurer

1 line? no it keeps going.
I will upload more screenshot.
Old 10-30-2011, 11:38 AM
Blacksmith

You misunderstood me, DW, I believe you. Seriously, I wasn't complaining about that, just mentioning I only noticed one line being repeated in the screenie, that's all.

Although that just gave me an idea... do you use the same keyboard for all your typing, same computer, laptop, netbook, etc., or several?

If it's the same keyboard, would you be able to try a different one? Or if using a portable with built-in keyboard, you could plug in an auxiliary USB or wireless one (don't trust wireless too much, though, as their communication with the computer isn't encrypted, so anyone within the extended reception area can log your keystrokes).

The reason I'm asking is that the [UP ARROW] key's microswitch could be shorting occasionally, or it could be as simply as some awkward and indiscernible debris lodged between the two adjacent keys, depressing the [UP ARROW] when [ENTER] is pressed. Not very likely, but who knows... The fact is, this really is the only time I've seen this happening.

It could also ne that the [ENTER] key's microswitch is the one that is faulty, electrical contacts worn, or suffering from a small manufacturing defect that can cause it to lose and then re-establish contact tens, hundreds of times each time it's depressed - too quickly for any browser to follow, but combined with some odd reaction from the browser, enough to perhaps post it twice in a row. (I've seen enough odd hardware and software behaviour to make me cautious about excluding any possibility offhand.)

In any case, if you haven't yet, do try using a different keyboard before dismissing the possibility. Or trying a different browser for playing S&F... If you already have tried doing those things since this issue of yours surfaced, then I'm stumped and can't think of anything else, sorry. (At least at the moment, I can't.)
Old 11-04-2011, 03:11 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
You misunderstood me, DW, I believe you. Seriously, I wasn't complaining about that, just mentioning I only noticed one line being repeated in the screenie, that's all.

Although that just gave me an idea... do you use the same keyboard for all your typing, same computer, laptop, netbook, etc., or several?
I use 2 different laptop at my home to test it but both laptop double post.
I try using computer at school to test it but there, it didn't double post.

Image:
Old 11-04-2011, 09:57 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonwarrior View Post
I use 2 different laptop at my home to test it but both laptop double post.
I try using computer at school to test it but there, it didn't double post.

Image:
Sounds like it might be a hardware problem somewhere. If it is only with you home setup, then they both use the same router, right? Do they share anything else that could contribute to the problem?
Old 11-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Adventurer

both laptop use same internet connection