Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Alliances & Mergers

Notices

Alliances & Mergers Alliances & mergers

Old 06-07-2010, 08:28 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Looking for an Alliance

Hello,
I am a founder of Timeless, a medium sized guild, but growing in size, level, and power. We are all active, and love to war. I am proposing an Alliance with any and all Guilds that would like an up and coming guild as an ally. If interested please feel free to send me an in-game mail, Murderdeathkill, and we'll discuss it further. Thank you for looking, and good day!
Old 06-08-2010, 06:39 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Sounds great but there are no benefits to an alliance in this game. There is no way that either team can help each other out.

The only thing that can be done is to ask players not to attack each other and for the two Guilds to never go to war against each other but I see no benefit in this either.

So good luck but I do not think you will find many who are interested in this.

Last edited by Wacker; 06-08-2010 at 06:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-14-2010, 02:04 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
Sounds great but there are no benefits to an alliance in this game. There is no way that either team can help each other out.

The only thing that can be done is to ask players not to attack each other and for the two Guilds to never go to war against each other but I see no benefit in this either.

So good luck but I do not think you will find many who are interested in this.
I believe that Wacker is a little short sighted in this reponse. Yes items, gold, and shrooms can not be shared or traded, but think of morale! If you have allies that are stronger than you, you just found a sure fire way to make sure that anyone who attacks you will think twice after the whooping they will get from your buddies. and as far as alliances go, if you have enough guilds together you could have a federation that can bring down REAL, Libertines or almost anyone else.
Your guild 'Timeless' has a few weak guys in it, but it makes up the difference in membership. Check out my guild "Those of the Grellon" on the recruitment thread or in game. My name is the same in the forum as it is in the game so Muderdeathkill, lets talk.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bewilderer For This Useful Post:
MurderDeathKill (06-14-2010)
Old 06-14-2010, 02:21 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewilderer View Post
I believe that Wacker is a little short sighted in this reponse. Yes items, gold, and shrooms can not be shared or traded, but think of morale! If you have allies that are stronger than you, you just found a sure fire way to make sure that anyone who attacks you will think twice after the whooping they will get from your buddies. and as far as alliances go, if you have enough guilds together you could have a federation that can bring down REAL, Libertines or almost anyone else.
Your guild 'Timeless' has a few weak guys in it, but it makes up the difference in membership. Check out my guild "Those of the Grellon" on the recruitment thread or in game. My name is the same in the forum as it is in the game so Muderdeathkill, lets talk.
i don't know how you think a federation of guilds can take down a top guild because you can't combine members for attacks.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:20 PM
Supreme Adventurer

And to add to what gensou said, you also can't attack a guild at the same time. You would have to take your turns. If the attacked guild wins, you just gave them honor if close enough in rank and deprived your guild of exp that could be won from winning an attack.

This is of course if no one guild can beat the target by them self.
Old 06-14-2010, 04:20 PM
Sheep

I might have this mixed up but bear with me. If you have enough guilds, no matter how weak they are, if they attack all of the top guilds, the top guilds won't be able to attack one another, because they will all be defending themselves. true a guild like mine won't stand a chance, against them, but i will have clogged their system making it easier for guilds to catch up to the insane honor the top ten have. It is a very long way to go, but that doesn't mean someone couldn't do it. There are no limits to who you can attack, so even a guild with one member could do it.
It's just a matter of getting enough of them.
If i could get more members who could donate mushies, i could merge with as many active players in do nothing guilds as possible. if every guild in the federation did this, the top guilds would be given a run for their money. It would take months for such a strategy, but it would work.
For truly dedicated alliances, members could be traded for donating gold and mushies, speeding up the process.
And there is always revenge. The enemy of your friend is your enemy. attacking those who attacked your friends
Old 06-14-2010, 04:38 PM
Blacksmith

While you could keep the top guilds from attacking each other with enough guilds and organization you couldn't keep them from attacking other guilds for honor. Yeah they wouldn't get as much but neither would the guilds keeping them from attacking the other top guilds since they would probably be losing all their battles. Which means you would have to pick one guild to actually get all the glory.

It is an intriguing idea though since it is the only way I have heard of so far that guild could work together (besides the idea of a recruiting guild) although it would require a massive amount of guilds to pull off.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Sheep

Default Other alliance alternatives

Guild farming: raising new members in maxed out, or without mushies maxed out, guilds. Any members raised in this environment would be guarenteed a membership in a strong guild, until they are mature enough to go to a active warring guild, in the plan to oppose top guilds.

Member training: take members from lower allied guilds so they can get more gold and exp sooner, trading them back once they are done.

Resource giving: trade a member for donating gold and mushies.

All of the above are for altruistic purposes only. Friends help friends, they don't take members permanently or demand payment for help. help would be it's own payment.

As far as needing alot of guilds for this plan i can't even imagine how many it would take to do this. As for the attacking guilds not getting honor, it wouldn't matter. If it was only a one person guild whose sole puporse is to destract and take time away from top guilds they will have accomplished it. they could be rotated to make sure memebers would keep getting bonuses from their main guild. It is therefore an unhonorable tactic. About my only regret for the tactic. As for choosing a guild for the glory, you got me there, the best i can think of is having a 'head' to the federation who would recieve gold and mushies. Theywould attack near level guilds so as to get to a top position, and then keep the top position while a new head works for the top. Think of it as a mother gaining power for the sake of her children, so that they may share in the power that they have gained.
though perhaps the better course of action would have been to keep it a secret.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Blacksmith

The only issue with trading members often is that new members to a guild have a 24 hour block on helping in guild wars and later possibly raids. Which puts guilds at a disadvantage.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:47 PM
Sheep

Didn't know about that, oh well, i'm not such a megalomanic as to actually try and go through with the plan. But thinking outside the box was fun. The idea worked like clock work in my mind, but then i remembered that a good many players aren't that serious, and that other S&F players would work more like wrenchs than cogs.