Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Adventurer

OKay, sure. I'm not looking forward to being attacked by a couple hundred low level players trying to use me to fill their album, and I'm not looking forward to attacking low level players in return to fill mine. I, beyond anyone else here, know how people feel when they are attacked by players far beyond their level. They've made me perfectly aware of how they feel about me. Now, instead of only falling back to attack player L160+, I'm going to have to attack L10's and L30's.

That doesn't strike me as something people are really going to be happy about, once they put two and two together and realize what they're being forced to do. Sure, I can do it, but I know a lot of people are of a vastly different opinion about the morality of such attacks.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:49 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

That's true, and something that was discussed. The hope is that it only happens for a short window after release.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:37 PM
Adventurer

They missed an opportunity to put in a Confirmation window, where after hitting the Attack button, you could choose Attack, Take Picture (still has 10 minute cool down), or Cancel.

[Edit: Actually, no new window needed. Hit Attack, load Arena page with yourself on left, enemy on right, and instead of launching straight into the fight, at the bootm have the three choices.]

Last edited by Charista; 05-12-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 05-12-2011, 04:25 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Charista, please feel free to post that as a suggestion in the appropriate forum. I'm sure you will find a lot of support for such, particularly with the concern about the attacks.
Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM
Adventurer

Actually, I have a question. Do you have to win the battle in order to capture the equipment?
Old 05-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Blacksmith

Just confirmation about %% exp bonus from scrapbook. I have 1.59% and bonus rounded to 2%

Yes, you need to win battle in order to got items info from opponent and kill raidboss as well.

Last edited by rvm1975; 05-16-2011 at 07:38 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to rvm1975 For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-16-2011)
Old 05-18-2011, 02:39 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, I don't seem to have the same concerns as some, here. It was a nice surprise to get the scrapbook. Thanks very much!

So as a result, I have been attacking folk from levels 5 on up and have filled my scrapbook to over 60% now. Had some attackees write back in amusement about that since I'm level 254.

Funny that it doesn't feel like I'm getting a 60% XP bonus, but it IS there when I scroll over the quest info - so I'm not doubting it - more like saying from a human nature point of view, haven't noticed it yet.

The next 40% is gonna be a real pain to collect though.

As to who is getting an advantage here - Clearly the highest level players have the advantage, as we can collect gear from players from the top on down, while they can pretty much only go up to their level and a bit more. So it will inevitably end up giving us higher levels more of an edge in XP should we wish to take advantage of it. But no more than other advantages we have already as well.

I would want to hear from mid and low level players to see how they feel about this.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:50 PM
Truffle Shuffler

If you use around 160-200 mushrooms, you can get to 60% XP Bonus with a couple of hours work or so. So for players who already have a 140 to 150% bonus from their guild and the dungeon raids, then this adds over another 35% XP bonus to whatever you get now.

180 mushrooms for a permanent increase of 35%. Is it worth it?

Another way to look at it is if others around you do it and you don't, it's like you just got a 35 to 40% handicap.

And here I am not currently levelling - so that it's worthless to me, and yet I still had to get my 60%. LOL. I am such a maroon!
Old 05-18-2011, 02:58 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Got to 70% with a bit of work, but I am getting a lot of dirty looks from the low levels I had to attack. Last 20% is probably going to be harder. Question: Do we get stickers from guild battles?

Last edited by Nimryel; 05-18-2011 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:04 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I hope so. We are supposed to get them from folks we beat in battle.