Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 7 > Small Talk

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 04:43 AM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Exclamation Gladiator Medal 2.0 EARN Mushrooms for your GUILD

Hi fellow forum members,
I am please to announce a new competition. I wish to help out the s7 community and get my gladiator medal at the same time. I think this competition will do that better than my last one. I also want to bring more people to the forums if you read the rules you will see how.
Every Five of your attacks will earn 1 mushroom for your guild to a maximum of your guild leaders bid divided by 5.
The total prize pool is a huge 1200 's
My ingame name is ZAPPBITCH

Due to the fact that keeping up with attacks from multiple guilds at the same time will require me to give up sleep a simple bidding system will be used.

The highest bid wins the right to a 4 day period of attacks. Any and all attacks in that period that increase my Gladiator Medal will go towards your guild.

You can check on your progress via the gladiator medal on my character screen.

To ensure friendly sportsman like behaviour a zero tolerance policy will be used.

Funny or just plain silly posts would be appreciated

RULES:-
All correspondence must be conducted in the forums.

BIDDING PROCEDURE:-
All Bids must be placed by Guild Leaders or their chosen representative.
Representatives must be nominated in the Forum. To ensure that forum members are the actual Guild Leader, Bidders will be sent a unique secret code phrase via in-game mail that must be posted in the forum to verify your identity.

First round of bidding starts immediately with a deadline of 0:00 2nd of February Server time. First round of attacks start 2 days later for a period of 4 days . Second round of bidding starts immediately after the first round of bidding finishes with a deadline of 4 days later. Attacks for the second round winning bid starts immediately after the first rounds attack ends and stops 4 days later. Bidding and attacks will leapfrog each other like this for the third and all subsequent rounds of bidding and attacks. Competition will continue till the entire mushroom prize pool is assigned. Prize pool is 1200 mushrooms

Bids may be changed at any time before the dead line. Any edits of bids after the deadline will be considered a bid for the next round. The highest bid will win the right to try to reach their quota in the next round of attacks.

In the case of a tie the winning bid will be given to the bidder that most talks like a pirate.

ASSIGNING MUSHROOMS:-
The winning bid will receive 1 mushroom for every 5 attacks in their bid eg. bid 500 attacks your guild will be assigned 100 mushrooms. Failure to reach the number of attacks in your bid will mean you will receive 1 less mushroom for every attack your are short of your bid. Exceeding your bid you will receive 1 mushroom for every 10 attacks over your bid.
All guilds that succeed in reaching or exceeding their quota will have their guild name posted in this forum with their assigned number of mushrooms and their next eligible bidding round.
Number of attacks will be measured by the number next to my Gladiator Medal. Attacks from any source will be counted. I will record the number at 0:00 server time at the beginning of each attack round. I will not be held responsible for any game bugs or server failure. Clemency MAY be given in the event of a 12 hour or more server shutdown.

ELIGIBILITY:-
Guilds with Max Bonuses will not receive mushrooms. Max Bonus guilds may bid on the condition that mushrooms go to a nominated eligible guild.
Alliances of multiple guilds are allowed to bid together. Distribution of mushrooms between the Alliance must be stated and agreed to by all Guild Leaders at the time of bid. All nominations and distribution rates cannot be changed at a later date for any reason.

Winners of previous bids are not eligible for the next 3 bidding rounds.
Winners of previous bids that failed to reach their nominated number of attacks will not be eligible till all other bidders have had at least one go or 4 bidding rounds whichever comes last.

INFRACTIONS:-
All infractions receive a single written warning explaining my position and why it was given penaltys are only for repeat offenders.

To ensure a friendly sportsman like competition all mushrooms earned will be forfeit if any infractions occur.
Infractions include-
Accusations of cheating in the forum or in mail. Anything that is against the ToS should be directed towards support.

Any mails or posts sent by anyone to anyone else that has negative or unsportsmanlike language.
If you receive any mail that you think applies post in the forum WITHOUT mentioning names and I will contact you with the procedure for sending them to me. DO NOT delete said mails. I will post screen shots of anything I decide is negative or unsportsmanlike. Harassment or abusive language will be sent to support AND receive an infraction

Guild Leaders are responsible for the actions of their members.
Infractions by members can be waived by the expulsion from the guild of the offending member for a minimum of 2 full days to a maximum of 7 days. A full day is from 0:00 to 0:00 server time. Expulsion must occur within 24 hours of posting of infractions.

RECEIVING YOUR MUSHROOMS-
Mushrooms will be distributed when the entire prize pool is depleted.
They will be donated directly to the guild by my character.. all winners will be given 72 hours notice of the day of distribution. Guild invites must be sent to me a minimum of 24 hours before distribution day. Please make sure you have room in your guild to invite me. I will stay in your guild a maximum of 5-10 minutes before moving to the next guild. Any failure to comply to the conditions may mean the forfeit of your mushrooms.

Bidding means you accept and understand all terms and conditions. Terms and conditions may be change at any time by me to ensure a fair and sportsman like contest. Changes will be posted in this forum. Suggestions are welcome, questions are expected, Criticisms are not required as participation is voluntary.

Example of combined time line

Bidding time line
vvvvv bid for attack round 4 vvvv ; vvvv bid for attack round 5 vvvv ; vvvvv bid for attack round 6 vvvvv ; vvvvv bid for attack round 7 vvvvv ; etc etc
0:01 10th Feb-0:00 14th Feb ; 0:01 14th Feb-0:00 18th Feb ; 0:01 18th Feb-0:00 22th Feb ; 0:01 22th Feb-0:00 26th Feb ; etc etc

Attacking time line
0:01 16th Feb-0:00 20th Feb ; 0:01 20nd Feb-0:00 24th Feb ; 0:01 24th Feb-0:00 28th Feb ; 0:01 28th Feb-0:00 3rd Mar ; etc etc
^^^^ round 4 attacks ^^^^^ ; ^^^^^ round 5 attacks ^^^^^^ ; ^^^^^ round 6 attacks ^^^^^^ ; ^^^^^ round 7 attacks ^^^^^^ ; etc etc

Example of Bidding

my guild "insert name here" bids 400 attacks

my secret phrase is "at midnight all cats are grey"
** only have to edit this in on first bid **
I nominate "forum members name" to represent my guild till further notice

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
next poster would put

my guild "insert name here" bids 550 attacks

my secret phrase is "the rain in Spain falls mainly down the drain"
As a Max guild I wish that any mushrooms won are assigned to "allied guilds name" ** this cannot be changed if bid is successful **

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
third poster would put

Arr me heartys my guild "insert name here" bids 550 attacks shiver me timbers
** has posted code phrase in previous bid and having read the rules knows how the tie breaker is decide **

ASSIGNED MUSHROOMS
Mushroom Pool Total:- 1200
Mushrooms Assigned:- 1200
Mushrooms left:- 0

GUILD..................................... ...............................................Tot al

kARma ..............bonus 50+ round 1 bid 950 (190 base + 3 for 36 xtra attacks) + round 4 bid 1500(300 + 1 FOR 17 extra attacks) + bonus 60 ..(total 604)

Beast Faction ...................... round 2 bid 250(50 base + 42 for 423 xtra attacks) .........................(total 92)

Manly Men ...................... round 3 bid 1100(220 base + 23 for 237 xtra attacks) + round 6 bid 1250 (251) .........................(total 494)

Alien Force ...................... round 5 bid 2201(0) .........................(0)

Shaitan Brothers ...................... bonus 60 .........................(60)

Forum members who made their first ever post in this thread:- 4
Highest number of attacks in 4 days:- 1517 kARma
Highest winning bid:- 2201 Alien Force
Highest number of attacks over bid:- 423 Beast Faction
Lowest number of attacks in 4 days:- 673 Beast Faction
Lowest winning bid:- 250 Beast Faction
Lowest number of attacks below bid:- 2146 Alien Force

Last edited by DeadMeat; 02-26-2012 at 06:09 PM. Reason: mushroom pool, assigned mushrooms, 1st Posters, reduced no bids for previous winners to 3 rounds, added comp. records
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadMeat For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (01-29-2012)
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 AM
Adventurer

This is way better than the last one
The Following User Says Thank You to demonwarrior For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (01-29-2012)
Old 01-29-2012, 07:05 AM

Thanks I put a lot of thought into it. Not having to record every mail is going to be so sweet. I hope I have set this up right to help out the little guy.

Wow a complete lack of interest so far.. did I make the rules too complicated or the infraction penalty too harsh...
maybe 1200 mushrooms is too small a prize pool.. time will tell.

Last edited by DeadMeat; 01-30-2012 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Stupid no double post rule stops me from bumping my thread
Old 01-30-2012, 05:10 AM

I see that there is no takers so far I will talk to my guild and if they agree I would like to see the shrooms won go to a guild that would like them.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 01-31-2012 at 09:23 AM. Reason: karma wanted to do so on there own
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (01-30-2012), DominicS (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 10:48 PM

Default Still no bidders :(

Still no bids for the first round of attacks

I have changed how mushrooms are assigned in the event of doing less than you bid it is now -1 mushroom for every attack below bid, and 1 EXTRA mushroom for every 10 attacks OVER your bid.

I have added a single warning before infractions occur we are all human after all.. mostly..

If I still get no interest by the 2nd I will allow individuals to bid..

If you are a guild leader why not put in a bid of 10 attacks and get the ball rolling.. in fact the first bidder will get a bonus 50 mushrooms assigned to them even for a bid of 0..

Remember it is for any attack that increases the medal count.. I usually do 10 a day myself. You can factor that into your bid or use it as a safety net..

Last edited by DeadMeat; 02-01-2012 at 02:47 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 10:50 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I'm from kARmA guild.My guild will join.My game character is le de de.Send mail to me
The Following User Says Thank You to le de de For This Useful Post:
DominicS (01-31-2012)
Old 01-31-2012, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le de de View Post
I'm from kARmA guild.My guild will join.My game character is le de de.Send mail to me
Welcome Karma to the comp.. If you are able to bid soon we can get this baby started
Old 02-01-2012, 01:40 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMeat View Post
Still no bids for the first round of attacks

I have changed how mushrooms are assigned in the event of doing less than you bid it is now -1 mushroom for every attack below bid, and 1 EXTRA mushroom for every attack OVER your bid.
I think if some guild bid 5 attacks,the entire prize pool will be depleted very soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMeat View Post
Welcome Karma to the comp.. If you are able to bid soon we can get this baby started
I need some time to figure for bidding

Last edited by bobo baggins; 02-01-2012 at 03:49 AM. Reason: double posting please use the edit button
Old 02-01-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
I think if some guild bid 5 attacks,the entire prize pool will be depleted very soon
Sorry i miss typed should be 1 extra for every 10 as per the main post at the top of the page thank you for pointing that out
Quote:
I need some time to figure for bidding
Take all the time you need

I was talking about the lack of interest in this comp with my guild members and they suggested a reason I had never even considered. That people who do not know me very well may consider this to be a scam or think that I may refuse to pay up at the end of the comp. This is the Internet after all and I am not a company official. Without very very high level of involvement from playa games I have no idea how I can give any guaranty more than my promise. It is perhaps the way of the world that to my friends my promise is worth more than any legal document while to strangers it is worth nothing.
It is up to you to decide on the measure of my character and if I am trustworthy or full of crap.

Another reason they suggested is that depending on interest levels there may be a 2 or even 4 week wait for mushroom distribution. Now myself and my guild can barely afford to have me missing battles for 24hours once and definitely cannot afford for me to miss battles 1 day out of every 4. Another reason for the method of distribution is cost. 1200 mushrooms bought in bulk costs $50. If i was to distribute 1200 mushrooms as $10 ultimate game cards it would total $120, more than double.

It is up to you if this is worth the risk/effort or if it is worth the wait

Thankyou for reading
Old 02-01-2012, 04:39 AM

Another reason you might not be getting any response is that alot of guild leaders a nd players in general don't use the forum. You might want to delay the contest for one month and mail the guild leaders IG about the contest here it might get you what your looking for and bring more players here .

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (02-01-2012), DominicS (02-01-2012)