Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 03-11-2012, 10:55 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Disappearing mushrooms

Hey guys, I've run into a bit of a problem that I've dropped a line to the dev team about, but figured I'd mention in here as well in case anyone else is having similar issues. About half of my mushrooms have disappeared: Saturday night I had at least 26 (possibly 27 or 28, what with this "mushroom weekend" thing) but when I logged on tonight, I had 12. I've done nothing to use them, and in fact I know I had at least 26 because I've been watching for them to break 25 so I'd be ready to buy another gryphon.

Is this a known issue? Has it happened to anyone else?
Old 03-11-2012, 11:09 PM

Yes this has been reported before and they have found that they were clicking on things that uses a shroom either from lag or not knowing that it used a shroom. I haven't seen any posts that showed there was an actual bug causing the problem.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I've been playing for close to a year, I'm familiar with the vagaries of lag and watching for things that consume mushrooms. I have accidentally clicked on things a few times in the past and lost a single mushroom, but more than half of my total in a single night, when I wasn't even playing? Pretty sure this can't be blamed on lag or inattention.
Old 03-12-2012, 04:16 AM

Then it is possible that you were hacked I would suggest you change your password.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 03-12-2012, 04:46 AM
Adventurer

it also cause by sharing networks connection, there is a thread about it but i can't bother to search it
bobo baggins (03-12-2012)
Old 03-12-2012, 07:28 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Someone got my password and took half my mushrooms? This seems unlikely.

If there aren't any known issues causing this, I'll continue to pursue it through support. Thanks.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Supreme Adventurer

It is actually a lot more common than you think, Malygris. Folks hop on, cycle a few shops, try the dungeons a time or two, and maybe do some arena fights before hopping off an hour later. The city guard payout is an easy way to catch it. Also, if there is more than one player in the residence, log off when you are done playing to prevent the same command being sent to all accounts as referred to by demonwarrior.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

It is not uncommon. That's why I don't recommend ever giving out your password. Worst case, your character switches guilds and donates mushrooms to the hacker's guild.

More often though, is that users spend mushrooms on items or timers without realizing there is an associated cost.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Okay, but again, nobody shares this computer. I've been playing for almost a year, I still have the guild invitation I got on the day I signed up. (I signed up with a bunch of friends on the same day.) I know what costs mushrooms and what doesn't. I've purchased mushrooms, and I've used mushrooms to purchase a few items from the weapons and magic shops, although I generally reserve them for mounts. I'm not an expert, but I've been around long enough to know what I'm doing.

With all that said, I think I'm going to let it slide. I received an email from customer support which was insultingly useless, clearly just a generic, "form" email sent in response to any "coin" related question, and hey, maybe I did make a mistake somewhere, but I'll be watching my mushroom total very closely for awhile. If this happens again, I'm going to want a better response from CS than what I got this time.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:44 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

If you see the issue appear in the future, please grab any details surrounding its realization. From localized arena battles, quests, purchases and timer skips to item equippingthe and time stamps, any and all additional information can help aid the Support group. Reason being, you may not realize the issue right when it happens, so it may be a bit in the past.