Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default Top 50: Agree to Stop Using Potions?

As anyone who's been in the top 50 knows, potions are commonplace. They are practically a requirement once you hit the top 25. How many mushies do you spend a week cycling through the magic shop looking for XL pots? Ten, twenty, more? That's alot of mushies and alot of extra money.

What if everyone in the top 50 agreed to stop using potions?*

If we could get the vast majority of the top 50 players to agree to stop using potions we'll save mushies/money.

Sure, there will be a few people that will want to continue to use potions. That's fine. They'll be the first ones the rest of us attack.

The members of Legacy are prepared to stop using potions as of 12:01 server time on 5/15/10 provided the members of Libertines, Guardians and REAL are in agreement. We'd encourage other top 50 players to join us in this agreement as well.

Please post feedback here and/or send me a PM with your thoughts.

*Please note that as of this time I'm not referring to Potions of Life (the ones with the 'wings'), just the other potions. While I'd like an agreement on pots of life too, they are stackable and I know some players have a month or more of life pots stacked.
(04/21/10) Bulleye said: "Lets face it, when 80%+ of the community hates legacy theres little to no chance Legacy will recover. So if i had one thing to say to Legacy i would say Suck it up and deal with it because there no way your digging your guild ( Legacy ) out."
Old 05-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Wannabe Griffin

i rarely ever use potions, and when i do, its only for extra help on dungeon fights. I don't understand the point of this, people should be free to play the game the way they want. They shouldn't have to agree to not use potions.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:46 PM
Mushroom Collector

I agree, people should be free to use potions if they want to.
(04/21/10) Bulleye said: "Lets face it, when 80%+ of the community hates legacy theres little to no chance Legacy will recover. So if i had one thing to say to Legacy i would say Suck it up and deal with it because there no way your digging your guild ( Legacy ) out."
Old 05-11-2010, 11:55 PM
Adventurer

If someone agrees not to use pots, and then uses one, yeah, I could see piling on them for that. But if someone doesn't agree to it in the first place, then it just doesn't seem kosher to go after them. You can't force how other people play.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:03 AM
Mushroom Collector

As it goes now, those not using pots are the ones more likely to be attacked by others. I guess that's ok?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:48 AM
Dummy

This is a Stupid idea. Potions are a part of this game and i will ever use it if i want it. How much mushrooms we use a week is not your part its our decision to do that.

Tallas

""Highest Player on Server one!!""
Old 05-12-2010, 02:02 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Ya, not sure game developers would like you using the forums as a way to encourage others to stop spending their money either... I understand your attentions may not be there but if everyone in the top 50 quit using potions, then that means they are spending less money probably which in turn is how most of the top 50 got there in the first place by buying mushies as you call them. Also, trying to impose your own rules so to speak on others is never a good idea.
The Following User Says Thank You to Wacker For This Useful Post:
BlueDude2 (05-25-2010)
Old 05-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallas View Post
This is a Stupid idea. Potions are a part of this game and i will ever use it if i want it. How much mushrooms we use a week is not your part its our decision to do that.

Tallas
Thank you. Now to work on some of your grammar because I don't think you meant to say that you meant to say that shoofly normally decides a part of how you play the game, with the amount of mushrooms being outside of his/her normal control of your account.

Although, a lot of what has been said is just a repeat of stuff that shoofly has been told before. In addition, what's the point of having folks go without potions for even a couple hours? If folks want to see whom is better than who, then potions are very much a factor as luck in the shop is no minor aspect of this game.
Old 05-12-2010, 08:11 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallas View Post

Tallas

""Highest Player on Server one!!""
If you are number #1 with potions, doesn't it seem likely that you will remain #1 without potions?
Old 05-12-2010, 08:19 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoofly View Post
If you are number #1 with potions, doesn't it seem likely that you will remain #1 without potions?
So then why should he bother with your suggestion? He's going to remain there anyway, and it's unlikely anyone else will catch up. Your implication that it would make it so other players were more likely to get to be a top player is extremely unlikely.

While I have no hope of becoming part of the top 50 of the game, I think it's dumb to attempt to limit the gameplay of those in the top 50. Eventually all games like this come down to a battle of the credit card, and so be it.