Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 03-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default New update. Less experience??

Erm, am I reading that correctly that they are going to lower our experience??

Going to lower gem stat value?

So basically going to make it even harder to level? Too many of us getting close to level 400 or surpassing it, so going to slow us down even more than the 1.5 billion exp it takes a to level up now?

Maybe I didn't read that right ...

*** okay, yeah, maybe I did misread that. After reading it again I see it's describing the current system, maybe not saying they are going to make it more difficult. I'll wait and see.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*

Last edited by MedusasSnakes; 03-10-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 03-10-2016, 03:09 PM

from what I am reading and correct me if I am wrong.

lower gem range I assume that the range from low to high will be less but that the boost to gems from HoK and gem mine lvl will increase.

as for the exp looks like they r going to lower the exp needed or lessed the exp drops evey 25 lvl like we get not sure which and if the exp which lvl they plan on lessening the drop.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 03-10-2016, 03:16 PM
Community Manager

The range of gem values will be changed. The difference won't be that big. I don't have exact numbers but if a gem has a +200 bonus on average, you can find one with a range of +/-30 and not 50 for example.

Moreover, you will get MORE XP on higher levels...it won't take that long to level up in high levels with level brake.

The problem is that it feels strange. People get x XP per quest, then they level up and wonder why they get less XP than before reaching a new level. They find it strange and that's why Playa wants to rethink the mechanics.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (03-10-2016)
Old 03-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Blacksmith

I don't know what to think about this XP change.

It's obvious that the Fortress has become kinda the main game and leveling your character is now more of a side thing to do.

However if we totally get rid of exp decreases then it will be even harder for people to reach top players. The gap between top players and the rest will only grow.
Also starting fresh on an older server will be even more discouraging.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post

It's obvious that the Fortress has become kinda the main game and leveling your character is now more of a side thing to do.

However if we totally get rid of exp decreases then it will be even harder for people to reach top players. The gap between top players and the rest will only grow.
true but try being the player that has spent money and get to lvl 300+ and get hit with a big exp drop. it sounds like they r trying to find a way to keep the time it tkes to lvl the same but not have quest give less exp. lower lvl players will still catch up and higher lvl players wont feel punished with less exp for lvling up

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 03-10-2016, 07:44 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Do we know if level 400 brings back the exp drop? I know it was mentioned, but as I'm approaching that level, I'm wondering.

Old 03-10-2016, 09:20 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post

Not to be offensive, and expanding more on what Bobo said, but if I've been playing for 4 years and getting close to level 400 after all that time, don't you think that maybe the gap SHOULD be larger?

I've played 320 minutes (previously 300) on my main server since the beginning. As I continue to do this, I expect to stay ahead of any new person who starts the server. Instead, we've been punished, and yes, that's the word I'm using, by gaining levels. Why should a new player on the server be able to catch me if I'm still playing the same amount of time as I was before? I can understand if I dropped down to just playing 100-120 minutes a day, but not if I'm continuing on the path I've been since the beginning.

There are many inactive accounts I would think a new player can pass, but not active accounts. That doesn't seem logical.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from joining an old server, but those of us playing on them, well, you shouldn't be able to catch us unless we go inactive.

Old 03-18-2016, 01:09 PM
Fidget's Griffin

When will the XP changes take effect?
Old 03-18-2016, 03:54 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
Not to be offensive, and expanding more on what Bobo said, but if I've been playing for 4 years and getting close to level 400 after all that time, don't you think that maybe the gap SHOULD be larger?

I've played 320 minutes (previously 300) on my main server since the beginning. As I continue to do this, I expect to stay ahead of any new person who starts the server. Instead, we've been punished, and yes, that's the word I'm using, by gaining levels. Why should a new player on the server be able to catch me if I'm still playing the same amount of time as I was before? I can understand if I dropped down to just playing 100-120 minutes a day, but not if I'm continuing on the path I've been since the beginning.
Not offended.

Well, I think you guys judged this too quickly. Yes, you will earn more XP, but so will everyone else. You will earn levels a bit faster, but others will do too.

With drops in XP gains you could only (sort of) get closer to others with your level, since higher levels where a total pain. But still if someone played a year longer, they would always be a year of playing ahead.

If the new system will have no XP drops then lower levels will just have a harder time to kinda catch up, and after hitting 1,5 billion XP per level we will all be in a racing rut.