Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 04-15-2010, 07:45 PM
Sheep

Send a message via AIM to Bloodia Send a message via Skype™ to Bloodia

I was expecting that they would atleast reply in-game, it's just a fun jab.
I mean Cheat Codes, i would totally join a guild with them.

Oh and, i'm being lenient here, i'm not going to tell what other aggressive methods they are using to get the members.

Last edited by Bloodia; 04-15-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:15 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodia View Post
I was expecting that they would atleast reply in-game, it's just a fun jab.
I mean Cheat Codes, i would totally join a guild with them.
Fun jab or not, this seems, to me anyway, to be exactly the same thing that Legacy did to you that started this whole mess. It doesn't matter if you sent it to the head of the guild or the noobiest level 3 member, actively recruiting from other guilds is bad form. And if those messages were simply jokes, then it's almost worse as all it did was poke a stick into Leagcy's side and fire this whole thing up again.

Just because they did it to you is no reason to do it to them. An eye for an eye just leaves both parties blind.

A lot of us backed you on the stealing members issue, myself included, and now we find out that the attempts to steal members are going both ways? I'm a little disappointed. I'm sure that doesn't upset you, you don't know me from Adam, but I like you Bloodia. I like what you've done with Bloolust and you've got a lot of good guildmates. I guess I expected you to be above this sort of thing.

Okay, sappy feelings time over. I've said my piece. You're still a good guy Bloodia, the first round of cookies and beer is on me.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 04-15-2010, 08:20 PM
Mushroom Collector

To re-affirm Bullbound's earlier post, the members of Memento Mori were not poached or recruited by any member of Legacy.

M& M had reached a point where we were finding it difficult to grow. As players we wanted to stay competitive and were concerned about other guilds and players passing us by due to higher GP and Exp bonuses.

We also knew that doing nothing would likely result in many of our members leaving for more powerful guilds. The decision was made to broker a deal for a merger. Our leader, Ertaghi, contacted SIGNAL 20 at Legacy, but we also looked into several other guilds, including PWA, Adventurers and Bloodlust, in case a deal couldn't be reached with Legacy.

As it turned out, Legacy was VERY accomodating. They graciously accepted our 'demand' of invites for ALL of our active members (10) and they filled those 10 slots in FOURTEEN hours (when we were expecting it to take days). I might add too that the cost of those 10 slots cost them 28,000 GP. That's ALOT of cash to come up with in a guild of 20 people.

If you as a guild leader/officer find yourself in a similar position as us (former Memento Mori guild members) I would urge you to carefully consider whom you decide to merge with. We were very fortunate to find such a gracious and accomodating guild as Legacy.

Shoofly
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shoofly For This Useful Post:
Signal 20 (04-16-2010), zyxth (04-16-2010)
Old 04-15-2010, 08:23 PM
Sheep

First of all, i never intended to take in ANY of Legacy's members, even if my small humorous messages worked.
Secondly, i find it hardcore to attack one of our members like 10-15 times and send him a mail soliciting him to join your guild.
Third, this game is starting to wear me out, all this bullcrap is annoying.

I thought this thing was done, but i'll continue fighting these shit methods Legacy is using to try and reel in high levels.
I'm glad you find Legacy accomodating, but there's shady things going in the background.

Last edited by Bloodia; 04-15-2010 at 08:26 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Mushroom Collector

However you view poaching or stealing members: right, wrong, or indifferent, I think there will soon be an ever-increasing gap between the top 2-3 guilds and the rest of the pack.

To stay in the fight, guilds will either have to merge with other guilds and/or attempt to recruit players from other guilds to stay competitive. It's just unrealistic that you can field a competitive guild soliciting only the non-guild player pool.

Hopefully poaching is being done in a respectful manner, but ALL guilds wanting to be competitive will resort to it at some point if they haven't already.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:18 AM
Mushroom Collector

Just as a quick note, I am unaware of any wrong doing in our recruitment methods....We ask, they say yes or no, we move on....I think your problem, Blood, is that you treat guild members as property. You do not own them once they are in your guild. They are free to join who ever, whenever, they like. Do I enjoy loosing guild members, no, but I am at least mature enough to not blame the guild for trying to better itself. Thank you for your time.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:48 AM
Wannabe Griffin

If they wish to leave, they will do so accordingly. Poaching is looked down upon, as many have voiced their opinions; it is simply disrespectful.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:53 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal 20 View Post
Just as a quick note, I am unaware of any wrong doing in our recruitment methods....We ask, they say yes or no, we move on....I think your problem, Blood, is that you treat guild members as property. You do not own them once they are in your guild. They are free to join who ever, whenever, they like. Do I enjoy loosing guild members, no, but I am at least mature enough to not blame the guild for trying to better itself. Thank you for your time.
If i treated them as property, i wouldn't be angry. I'm treating them as friends, and as a friend of theirs, i enjoy their company. I don't like people going in Guild Chat go, "uhhh Legacy tried to invite me and i got attacked like 15 times."
BUt you're right i did generalize and i'm sorry for that.
Ejayrazz (04-16-2010)
Old 04-16-2010, 08:23 PM
Mushroom Collector

Thanks

Last edited by Signal 20; 04-16-2010 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:25 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal 20 View Post
Thanks
Dammit, you changed what you said right as I was clicking the "quote" button.

Now my reply is moot point. But I still call your BS.