Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 1 > Guild Introduction & Recruitment

Notices

Guild Introduction & Recruitment Introduce your guild and recruit new members!

Old 05-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
What a waste of a thread and what is up with all the creative colors in the posts? No one can think for themselves because they just got a headache from all the bright colors. Is all that or this bickering really necessary or needed in the forums. I VOTE that this thread be Closed. We need forum Mods, so we can put an end to this type of crap before it even gets started.

My 2.5 cents...
I'll take those 2.5 cents and buy myself half a 5 cent candy.

Seriously, "scraps" on a public forum are what make public forums worth visiting! What is with you people!?

And does anyone else find the irony in this thread? I think this perfectly illustrates the kind of people who would NOT be welcome in BLut's guild. If I didn't already have a guild I really liked, I would consider joining his.

...but only if there was purple font involved. Fun font colours FTW!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wacker View Post
We need forum Mods, so we can put an end to this type of crap before it even gets started.
There are forum Mods, they just let us bicker amongst ourselves as there's really not been any reason to intervene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
...but only if there was purple font involved. Fun font colours FTW!
Ask and ye shall receive my dear.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 05-24-2010, 09:54 PM
Dummy

Exclamation

The only thing this Thread needs a Mod for is to clear Troll posts like y'all off of here.

You are all off topic and trying to insight an emotional response.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 PM
Mushroom Collector

BLut color me stupid here, or any other color you want, but most of the people posting on this thread have been posting to one another on here for some time now. I think no one is offended and you are kind of far reaching on the troll remark.

Take just a moment to look at the post counts of a large number of them before you get so wiggy about this. These folks are having fun, not being asses.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLut Mit View Post
The only thing this Thread needs a Mod for is to clear Troll posts like y'all off of here.

As Johnny Storm would say, "FLAME ON!"

I'd also like to point out that if you had just ignored Solid Tech in the first place you would not be getting all this free marketing for your guild! Thank goodness for the message board goons and their tendency to bump your recruit thread to the top!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLut Mit View Post

you'd better edit that with an "except Cashew" because I was standing up for you, asswipe.

But I see how it is. I'll just sit over here with Kaidah and his purple font and drink beer and talk about the good old times.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Supreme Adventurer

And now for some forum 101...

1. This is a guild recruitment thread. These threads often turn into talk about the specific guild and/or the guild's recruiter.

2. The steady talk about a guild will draw people to your guild if they like the way you handle the situation which can be done in a few ways. A) Politely equest posts be removed or ceased and then report the posts and poster using the Report Post button next to the post's number if the behavior continues. B) Feed into it and argue/discuss with the other posters, thus validating the continued topic. C) Ignore the posts and act like they do not exist.

3. Personal insults, profanity, and poor behavior for whatever the reason often lead to warnings and at least one account has been banned for such behavior, so please keep this thread civil.

BLut Mit, in the past when folks have requested in-game names, it has often occured that they get responces in game as well as on the forums. Some players do not have a forum account, but all posts are still readable. Without a forum account, they can not send you a message on the forums. Also, it is not an unusual use of "PM" or "message" to mean "private message". A private message can be done through the forums or through the game's mail system as both limit the message's exposure to the sender and receiver. Both are a valid method for sending a message, as they both provide a way to convey text between two players. There is also the chat box which allows for folks to send a message to each other, in full view of the public. A forum post does this too.

I know that using all the same color may not appear as pleasing to the eye as all the same color, but would it be a trouble to ask for folks to maybe use colors that are a little easier to read? I'm having a hard time with the purple and the lime green font on this background. Please and thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
AptPupil (07-05-2010)
Old 06-03-2010, 09:28 AM
Community Manager

I opened the thread again upon request. Stop trolling, stop flaming. No off-topic posts...use it only to recruit people and ask to be invited to the guild.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 06-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Dummy

Post Back to the grill....

Now, let's see if we can find some mature, intelligent people around these parts.

Drop me your in game name and see what a Guild should be.

Old 06-09-2010, 11:48 AM
Dummy

Talking

OK, a few spots left until we need to boost.

If you are a free thinker and not just another Lemming in the Pack....
drop me your in game name.