Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-22-2013, 09:55 AM
Stable Boy

Default server mergers

I think we all know its WAY past due that some of the slower servers merge
Old 06-22-2013, 10:31 AM

Personally I don't see the need for any server merges yes some servers have a lower activity level then they did but then again some servers like s2 and s7 never had a high activity level. Plus you run into the issue of people having accounts on more then one server. In my case if you merged any US servers together it would give me 2 toons on the merged servers.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-22-2013, 11:16 AM
Blacksmith

there is a way around it, if a player has a toon on more than one server then that player can only have one toon go over to the merged server through email

or playa messages an inactive toon via email and if they dont log in within a week that toon gets deleted so there is room for a new player and if that player comes back it will be down to them to make a new account
Old 06-22-2013, 02:01 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren00 View Post
there is a way around it, if a player has a toon on more than one server then that player can only have one toon go over to the merged server through email

or playa messages an inactive toon via email and if they dont log in within a week that toon gets deleted so there is room for a new player and if that player comes back it will be down to them to make a new account
exactly the argument hat some servers have never had high activity is exactly the problem , those servers are dead , we have what 9+ servers and most of them barely have 100+ active players ? merge it down to half the servers and if you have two charicters then simple change the rule so you can have two due to merger its not rocket science

every server should have twice the activity of the currently most busy server if not more its the only way to keep a game like this going .

the problem is new people come , love the game , start getting into it ...then get bored because tehres no one playing and leave so the older players eventualy get tired of never being able to keep new people and they leave and the game dies not in one swift blow but as a small rot over time
however merge some servers , deal with some chaos for a brief moment , then enjoy a small number of very active servers that attract more new players.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:52 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I agree that there does seem to be an issue with lack of use, but maybe the solution is to load balance the new users better? Seems like every time I'm trying to log in from a new computer, it's trying to push me to s9 (english)...which is great cuz my primary player is on s9, but that sucks for the other servers.

Maybe there needs to be more of an advertising push to increase awareness of the game, teamed with some load-balancing for new players.

I think you'd open a can of worms that would be hard to clean up if you "simple change the rule so you can have two due to merger its not rocket science" cuz there's good reasons for the devs discouraging multiplaying on a server.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 06-23-2013, 08:18 AM
Stable Boy

The second character thing would only be in cases where someone had characters on two servers that got merged not just in general
Old 06-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

There are numerous other issues for a server merger, including the one character rule, how guilds would transfer, ruining server history/competition, and some other concerns. Therefore, a merger isn't something Playa has ever entertained.

I do agree with Peanut3utter regarding account balancing. The current system needs to be revamped to better distribute players that do not care which server they are added to. I've also been pushing for Playa to evaluate the impact of creating a (likely paid-for) account transfer system to enable players to move between servers. There would be restrictions, like how much and you could move with you and how often a transfer can be done.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
peanut3utter (06-24-2013)
Old 06-23-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post

I do agree with Peanut3utter regarding account balancing. The current system needs to be revamped to better distribute players that do not care which server they are added to. I've also been pushing for Playa to evaluate the impact of creating a (likely paid-for) account transfer system to enable players to move between servers. There would be restrictions, like how much and you could move with you and how often a transfer can be done.
One other thing to add to that there would have to be checks to be sure they are not causing multi account issues with a transfer as well.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 06-23-2013, 12:42 PM
Crusader

I would think it would be in Playa's best interests to allow players on moribund servers to jump to more active servers. Given the opportunity, many players who had spent time and money developing characters might continue to play (and pay!), while otherwise they would eventually quit.
Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I would think it would be in Playa's best interests to allow players on moribund servers to jump to more active servers. Given the opportunity, many players who had spent time and money developing characters might continue to play (and pay!), while otherwise they would eventually quit.
even better if they let us transfer our guilds to other servers
I would gladly pay for myself my guild and all my active members