Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Blacksmith

Yip, yip. Another game that I used to play had a similar chat area to S&F (but allowed you to scroll back through much more chat grr) but had a button where you could switch the window to world chat, which was always hilarious. Plus, the game had more players than S&F so there's no excuse there.

Anyway, no point talking about it, it's never going to happen.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:28 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
Your retirement - statement pretty much sums up everything I have been moaning about the last 2-3 months...

Unfortunately everything you mentioned has been a major factor for many people to stop playing, and not many new players joining either... Things have to change or this game will die sooner or later.
If it doesn't die eventually, it will be the first one. I've played <deleted>, guild wars, soccerstar, etc. Thankfully, never got into <deleted> or <deleted>. Not to mention games for nintendo, nintedo 64, Wii, gamecube. guitar hero and rock band. Many of the games came with extensions/upgrades, like the <deleted> extension of <deleted>, but each eventually ran its course. It's the nature of things. Players get bored, developers move on to other things. A new patch with new content may drag things out for a month or two, but no game will keep your interest forever. So play until you stop having fun, then go on to something else. I think there is a tendency to feel like you've invested in the game, and thus if you quit your time and money has been wasted. But that is only the case if you didn't enjoy it while you were playing. Just because you invested $29 in a DVD doesn't mean you have to watch it every day to think you've gotten your money's worth.

Last edited by DeadMeat; 06-21-2012 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Do not post Browser games not by Playa or any Blizzard Product
Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Unfortunately everything you mentioned has been a major factor for many people to stop playing, and not many new players joining either... Things have to change or this game will die sooner or later.
Sadly, they seem to just add new servers. Older players go on a new server and spent money, new players go on a new server, old players keep spending money on old servers. Occasionally they lose players, but with enough losses, they just add another server. xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arse View Post
I remember battling with you guys on a near daily basis with GreekGod. Always fun (even if you did beat us pretty much consistently :P ) and it'll be a shame to see one of the old school leaving.

Retired on S2 myself now, just concentrating (barely) on keeping GG and myself in #1 spot. The game certainly needs a whole new element. Some kind of world chat would be the biggest plus to the game right now, but I'm not holding my breath.

Best of luck with whatever you play next, Vizari. Try not to be a stranger to the forums
It was fun to beat you down like we did almost all others.

In all honesty, though. The climb has been great fun. Even when we were way behind on many guilds and slowly making progress, even when we were losing a lot to GG, or to SD, or LAW, Wookies, GP, etc, we were still slowly making progress. But REAL is way too entrenched on s2. Too much poaching, too many top players, impossible to beat.

I shall grace you guys with a visit every now and then. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
If it doesn't die eventually, it will be the first one. I've played <deleted>, guild wars, soccerstar, etc. Thankfully, never got into <deleted> or <deleted>. Not to mention games for nintendo, nintedo 64, Wii, gamecube. guitar hero and rock band. Many of the games came with extensions/upgrades, like the <deleted> extension of <deleted>, but each eventually ran its course. It's the nature of things. Players get bored, developers move on to other things. A new patch with new content may drag things out for a month or two, but no game will keep your interest forever. So play until you stop having fun, then go on to something else. I think there is a tendency to feel like you've invested in the game, and thus if you quit your time and money has been wasted. But that is only the case if you didn't enjoy it while you were playing. Just because you invested $29 in a DVD doesn't mean you have to watch it every day to think you've gotten your money's worth.
You're quite right. It's why we decided to quit. Many of us weren't enjoying the game anymore, but we kept going out of loyalty. With our leader having run out of shrooms and not sure if he wanted to buy new ones, I put the idea forth of just quitting.

Still hard to do, as we like the guild, and have put a lot of money and effort into it. But that's no reason to put more money and effort into it. =]

Last edited by DeadMeat; 06-21-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
Old 06-21-2012, 06:53 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizari View Post
But REAL is way too entrenched on s2. Too much poaching, too many top players, impossible to beat.
It's too bad that the desire to be #1 ends up swamping out the desire for real competition. They should make a rule that a player in the to 100 cannot join the top guild. Maybe the top 200. Then to become the dominant team you would have to develop your players internally. I've been on the top team in soccerstar US server 1, but after 10 consecutive championships I jumped to #5. (It didn't hurt that my brother is the captain). No one else followed suit, however, so they've won another dozen championships since then. It's boring for the top team and boring for everyone else. The only hope is altering the game design to make it difficult for an unbeatable team to develop.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:51 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
The only hope is altering the game design to make it difficult for an unbeatable team to develop.
Maybe they could throw the top team down back to league 12 with all reset stats to 0 but keep their club upgrades?

I think it's a fair idea to keep things interesting.

There already is a star incentive in place for people to want to take the first prize. Maybe one more incentive wouldn't hurt, such as an additional bonus to your club upgrades for every league 1 championship you win (assuming each league 1 victory forces the team back into league 12 with reset stats again).

(edit although this would mess up challenges on a pretty large scale, to which I can't think of a solution. I think it would solve an elephant-sized issue with the game right now though.

Last edited by Jengas; 06-21-2012 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Adventurer

Our paths never crossed in the game, Vizari, but I'll sure miss you round these parts.
I hope you and your guildmates enjoy your new found challenges as much as you enjoyed the ones here.

All the best,
Old 06-22-2012, 05:27 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
The only hope is altering the game design to make it difficult for an unbeatable team to develop.
No mate, the only hope is for them to decide to give us new content more than once a year. And when i say new content, i dont mean the crappy catapult feature or the scrapbook which most of us filled up the first week, or even the toilet which is totally useless for game content besides giving you a small item-stat improvement and some epics. I mean content such as group quests (for 5 people), arena battles (3vs3) etc. If they dont do that, no matter how badly the nerf some people, they wont fix the problem
Old 06-22-2012, 05:41 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
No mate, the only hope is for them to decide to give us new content more than once a year. And when i say new content, i dont mean the crappy catapult feature or the scrapbook which most of us filled up the first week, or even the toilet which is totally useless for game content besides giving you a small item-stat improvement and some epics. I mean content such as group quests (for 5 people), arena battles (3vs3) etc. If they dont do that, no matter how badly the nerf some people, they wont fix the problem
The only actual content that was worthwhile was the scrapbook.

The toilet gave us nothing new to do, the cata just gave us a bit of extra potential damage in guild vs guild. Guidl emblem is just another graphical update that's ultimately worthless. A few random fixes here and there, like the chat fix. Ability to delete mails in mass.

Addition of events was nice, but again, added nothing actually new to the game.

It's nice to add random little things, but the scrapbook was the only actual content in my eyes.

Last edited by Vizari; 06-22-2012 at 05:44 AM.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:52 AM
Crusader

Quote:
The core of the game is the guild vs. guild battles. that has become boring for you because you have assimilated so many of the top players and are thus untouchable, thus making the core of the game pointless. I say fix the core problem. They could put in some new window dressing, such as clothing ensembles that give you additional bonus if you have several pieces, but I'm sure you would find that ultimately unrewarding as well. Why don't you appreciate the catapult? because you are so far ahead of your competition that you don't need it. If #2 were in "catapult range" of you, you'd like it much more.

My solution--ban top 100 players from joining the top guild--would do nothing to harm anyone's current status. It would simply keep the top guild from advancing through recruitment rather than training, thus ensuring that there are at least 2 top teams on each server. That maintains competition for everyone, and makes the game better for everyone.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:15 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
The core of the game is the guild vs. guild battles. that has become boring for you because you have assimilated so many of the top players and are thus untouchable, thus making the core of the game pointless. I say fix the core problem. They could put in some new window dressing, such as clothing ensembles that give you additional bonus if you have several pieces, but I'm sure you would find that ultimately unrewarding as well. Why don't you appreciate the catapult? because you are so far ahead of your competition that you don't need it. If #2 were in "catapult range" of you, you'd like it much more.

My solution--ban top 100 players from joining the top guild--would do nothing to harm anyone's current status. It would simply keep the top guild from advancing through recruitment rather than training, thus ensuring that there are at least 2 top teams on each server. That maintains competition for everyone, and makes the game better for everyone.

The catapult really is crap, though. When SK was fighting to hold rank and get higher, when rank 2-5 were at about the same strength, we tried catapult a few times, but it was ultimately useless. Far too unreliable for the costs.

Our biggest competitors (Fierce Warriors) were constantly using it on us, and occasionally it helped them win. But, more often than not they just catapulted a few of our lower members, making almost no difference in the fight. So, despite the potential of having helped us, we decided to not use it.

The feature would have been MUCH better if it didn't cost any shrooms. If the randomness of it was just always applied, making guild battles a bit more fun.

At your second point, your solution isn't a fix, it's an annoyance. It would disallow helping other guilds out (as some people do). It would disallow combined efforts to beat a raid. (which is what a lot of players are still playing for).

SF needs new content, not restrictions.