Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-24-2012, 12:00 PM
Adventurer

168% guild bonus, 99% scrapbook.
So, that would mean my exp should be less, percentage wise.

But, atm I get about 950k from an attack, with my max for 10 min (50% mount) being about 1.1m. A

What level are you?
Old 06-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Stable Boy

Actually, the lower level toons in my guild get more exp from raids than the higher level ones.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:37 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilp View Post
Actually, the lower level toons in my guild get more exp from raids than the higher level ones.
Yes, same here, till a certain point, at least. But, exp as general goes down after a certain level.

At 249 I had max exp of about 2.2 mill, and guild battles gave me around 1.8-2 mill exp.
Now at 304 my max exp is 1.1 mill, and guild battles give me 900k-1mill exp.

Percentage wise, nothing has change.
The Following User Says Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (06-24-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Crusader

I'm only at level 142. for a 4 segment/10 min non-red quest I get a max of about 520K exp, although typicially it is closer to 425-450k. Our last successful guild raid I got 230K exp. Now this was against a lower level guild: I think our guild honor bonus was 66 or so. Perhaps the bonuses are higher against better competition. Although if this were the case, then a top guild attacking someone 3000 points behind them should receive very little exp.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:59 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I'm only at level 142. for a 4 segment/10 min non-red quest I get a max of about 520K exp, although typicially it is closer to 425-450k. Our last successful guild raid I got 230K exp. Now this was against a lower level guild: I think our guild honor bonus was 66 or so. Perhaps the bonuses are higher against better competition. Although if this were the case, then a top guild attacking someone 3000 points behind them should receive very little exp.
Don't remember how much exp I got at that level. Been too long.

I do believe you get less exp for attacking a guild far below you, but I think that's minimal.
Old 06-24-2012, 04:38 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
You're missing the thrust of his argument, spiny. Because his guild can't even launch an attack, the guild doesn't have anything to do. 50 people have no play related reason to go to the guild tab.
Option A - let them attack people anyway and just not get any honor.
Option B - provide new content so that there's another guild-wide activity for them to participate in.

That's what he's asking for.

Option B would actually be good for EVERYONE who plays the game. I'm not sure what audience wider than that you're looking to cater to.

PS. Two victories a day is a SIGNIFICANT amount of XP. Roughly 6% for someone using 300 thirst, more for those who use less.
Exactly what I try to say the past few weeks... I dont care what kind of solution it would be, as you know darstard I agree with you 100% about the new content suggestion, but at this point anything that would keep up the guild interest would be acceptable... But they MUST change / add something to this game, cause I am pretty sure they are seeing their (gameplaya's) active accounts dropping like flies every day passing by
Old 06-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeKen View Post
Exactly what I try to say the past few weeks... I dont care what kind of solution it would be, as you know darstard I agree with you 100% about the new content suggestion, but at this point anything that would keep up the guild interest would be acceptable... But they MUST change / add something to this game, cause I am pretty sure they are seeing their (gameplaya's) active accounts dropping like flies every day passing by
It would only be fair for the top guild to continue gaining exp even if not gaining honour. I really don't see why that would be hard to implement.

The active accounts dropping, surely. All the strength in SK is quitting, loads of shroom buyers. We're taking a big portion of s2's strength with us when we go.

But, Playa games will just open a new server and cash will flow in again.

The very least they could do is offer a server merger, which would certainly benefit activity on a server and make things more fun for plenty of people.

Last edited by Vizari; 06-24-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Adventurer

I'd love to see a champion's server. Top X guilds from all servers move over.

In other news and in case anyone ever back reads:
Battle XP from tonight's war = 1,286,449 which is VERY good for a 4 segment quest for me right now (10 min w a Griff)
For reference, I chose a 10 min, 1.2 million XP quest earlier today and was very excited to do so as it was the first time in weeks (months more likely) that I'd seen anything over 1.1

Last edited by Darstard; 06-25-2012 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Added XP info
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darstard For This Useful Post:
DominicS (06-24-2012), GeorgeKen (06-25-2012), Gynx (06-25-2012)
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

and along gynx's comment.

http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=4825

Additionally, here is a type of event they could add to guild wars that would actually add replay value:

The "Alter Egos" guild battle
-Each player in each guild gets 10 hours to join "Alter Ego" matches to distribute 100 skill points into their "Alter Ego" avatar who is level 100.
-Then they search through pages and pages of randomly generated items. They can only choose one of each item one time, so they have to search and make a good judgement call on when to grab a given item for the last time. (i.e. the longer time you have to scroll through the 'avatar' shop, the higher the chance you will choose a better item)
-After avatars are finished, the guild leader then starts to reorder how he wants the order of his (N) players to fight in. He makes this decision based on the stat set distribution etc.
-Two guilds have an 'alter ego' battle and the winner gains honor/experience/etc.

Last edited by polopoloyuuu; 06-24-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Howdy! I'm the guild leader of The Silent Knights. I was actually going to craft an exit interview only to find Viz has mostly said everything already.

First I'd like to thank all the people on server two. Some, Slydovehand comes to mind, made me want to tear my hair out, but most were great. During our steady rise we had some tough battles with rival guilds. We always respected our opponents and always maintained our moral code. While our guild was being bombarded with poach attempts during our rise, we never poached. And we only lost 2 people to poaching during our run (both very early on). That loyalty went both ways. We never kicked a player who was active. That is who we were.

Recently I ran out of shrooms and I asked myself, "Why am I spending money on this game anymore?" I had no answer. Our guild wasn't going to reach #1 unless the top guild quit. I had my scrapbook as full as our guild dungeons allowed. I had been #1 on the HoF. My current dungeon will take 6 months to kill. My next level a month and next toilet level at least a month. Why am I grinding?

When I brought this up to the others at the top we all felt the same way. Hitting 300 killed the game for me. I've spent as much money on this game as a monthly sub mmo, but those games constantly add content and bug fixes.

Now to more specific points beyond the grind/no new content points.

First I'd say I feel distanced from the developers. Nothing against the wonderful people moderating this site, but you get the feeling they have no idea what Playa is planning. In other games you'd occasionally get developer updates or at least teases for what's on the horizon.

In respect to PvP. I really dislike the honor system in this game. It encourages just spamming people way above you then switching when you get within 1000 honor. It's a dumb system and needs fixing.

The mail system still is a glitchy mess. No sent folder, no officer contact list. No officer chat for that matter.

We spend 5-6 million gold for a dungeon attack, then the guild gets attacked 5 minutes later and nobody gets to see the result. My suggestion was battle review button for the latest attack and defense. It's really frustrating to have to ask the guild "So how did we do?" or "Why did we lose that defense, I missed it."

Anyway... I have some other nitpicky stuff, but I'll save it. Thanks again to the people who made this game fun.

PS - Lord Arse, I'll miss seeing your name in my inbox lol.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Sir Jaunty For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (06-24-2012), Darstard (06-24-2012), DominicS (06-24-2012), GeorgeKen (06-25-2012), Lord Arse (06-25-2012), spiny norman (06-25-2012), Vizari (06-24-2012)