Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 07-05-2010, 03:43 PM
Lostalot Lostalot is offline
Truffle Shuffler
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16
Default

hi all.
I'm all for upping the chance of epic from quests/shops.
At this point i have spend more than 200 mushrooms refershing and in my time i have seen 1 epic from the shop.

My quest count is 4353 quests done and i have seen 0.. yes 0 epic from quests ever.
  #12  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:04 PM
Fairie Fairie is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 335
Default

Since shops aren't the only place to get epic items I think garanteeing that one would be there only rewards people with mushrooms to spend. You're already garanteed to get an epic item when you beat the boss of a dungeon, if you watch your quests closely you might not get epic items but you certainally get good ones.

Personally I enjoy the fact that it's very difficult to buy your way to near invincibility. It keeps the playing field more level for all players.
  #13  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:31 PM
Bullbound Bullbound is offline
Supreme Adventurer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,208
Default

Here is something folks seem to forget. The % of something happening, also dictates the chance of it not happening. If you are asking for the % to be raised simply because you don't like that you haven't seen an epic in the shop, then the chance of it happening is much smaller than if you could come up with a valid argument that focuses on balance or adds to the content. (Just a general hint on what tends to get stuff added or changed sooner.)

Just like some folks used to complain about not finding any epics from dungeons, others would rave about finding them 100% of the time for long stretches.

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I don't find epics to be all that amazing. I have gone from all epics to none, to just a few. I regularly find non-epics that are better than epics, and just sell most epic items that I find. At the lower levels, they really make a huge difference when a 10% increase can be accomplished with just 4 or 5 points in a stat. However, at higher levels, when it takes 100 points or so to make a 10% difference, the epics really don't seem to be all that much better.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please click "Thanks" if you found my post helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Fairie (07-05-2010)
  #14  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Cashew Cashew is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post

I'm probably in the minority with this, but I don't find epics to be all that amazing. I have gone from all epics to none, to just a few. I regularly find non-epics that are better than epics, and just sell most epic items that I find. At the lower levels, they really make a huge difference when a 10% increase can be accomplished with just 4 or 5 points in a stat. However, at higher levels, when it takes 100 points or so to make a 10% difference, the epics really don't seem to be all that much better.
You might be the minority, but you've found someone else that's in the minority: I, too, don't find epics all that great. I was just awarded an epic for finishing the level 2 dungeon: +250 luck ring. Am I going to give up my +108 dex ring (I'm a scout) for a huge luck bonus with no damage bonus? No. So instead I got 1200 gold (-ish).
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://forum.sfgame.us/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196&dateline=12729131 04[/SIGPIC]
  #15  
Old 07-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Cashew Cashew is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 339
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
You're already garanteed to get an epic item when you beat the boss of a dungeon, if you watch your quests closely you might not get epic items but you certainally get good ones.
You are NOT guaranteed to get an epic if you beat a dungeon boss. And even if you're awarded with an item from a dungeon boss, you are also NOT guaranteed that it will be an epic item.
__________________
[SIGPIC]http://forum.sfgame.us/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=196&dateline=12729131 04[/SIGPIC]
  #16  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:24 PM
Fairie Fairie is offline
Adventurer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 335
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
You are NOT guaranteed to get an epic if you beat a dungeon boss. And even if you're awarded with an item from a dungeon boss, you are also NOT guaranteed that it will be an epic item.
Read the manual. That's what it says under dungeons when you beat the end boss.
http://forum.shakes-fidget.com/showp...6&postcount=15
If I am wrong, and I may well be considering I have yet to beat a dungeon boss, then the manual has lied and I think that is a greater issue.
Or am I perhaps misinterpreting 'If you beat a final boss (floor 10 of every dungeon) you will always get an epic item.'

^_^ maybe the epic you got wasn't so epic? I'm also of the opinion that not all epics are quite so epic.
  #17  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:29 PM
galdon2004 galdon2004 is offline
Stable Boy
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 99
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodge View Post
I never once said it wasn't fair. The problem with percentages is that if even the slightest chance of something not succeeding exists, it will happen. But the odds of something not happening over and over and over and over (^x), is infinitesimally small.
each time is independent of each other time when the actual calculation is done. If i had to guess the percentage chance of a scout dodging based on personal experience, I'd put it at around 80-90%, but its actually 50%

I've even had chance defying moments where 8-10 rounds of combat were traded blocking with a shield and evading back and forth. what are the odds on that happening?

As long as everybody experiences the same thing, its fair, its annoying to not find anything, but would it be more annoying if they raised it to 10% and then you still couldn't hardly find anything useful while everybody else seems to get 5 a day?
The Following User Says Thank You to galdon2004 For This Useful Post:
Fairie (07-05-2010)
  #18  
Old 07-05-2010, 10:43 PM
Bullbound Bullbound is offline
Supreme Adventurer
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 3,208
Default

Fairie, you are indeed correct about the last monster in each dungeon. The last monster in each dungeon is a guranteed epic item being dropped. The 25% chance of an epic being dropped by a dungeon monster is the rate for all monsters other than the last one. For the first 9 monsters in each dungeon there is also a 25% chance of finding a regular item, and 50% chance of finding gold.

Yes, not all epic items are terribly epic in the stats, armor, and/or armor they give but they are weighted to be near the upper end of the random number range for your level. This doesn't mean you can't find a better normal item, just that they are likely to be better than a normal item.
__________________
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Please click "Thanks" if you found my post helpful
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Fairie (07-05-2010)
  #19  
Old 07-06-2010, 07:37 AM
Trag Trag is offline
Wannabe Griffin
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 108
Default

I had never seen an epic in the stores until I hit probably around lvl 70. Since then, I've actually seen quite a few. I've never seen one on a quest though. But I understand that's the rarest and I believe it since I've done a lot more quests than store cycles...

But like Bullbound and Cashew, I often find epics are best used for the gold they get on the market. I think I have 4 right now, but one really needs to get replaced and I just haven't found something in store or in quest that's quite convincing enough...but I have a feeling something will come up in the next day or two since I picked it up a bunch of levels ago...
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright by 'Playa Games GmbH'