Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 03-07-2011, 07:27 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Eternal Life or extra quests?

I'm not sure if, having a griffin, it's more convenient from the exp point of view to buy an eternal life or to spend the same amount of 15 mushrooms in extra quests daily. I mean, with an eternal life I would complete some dungeons sooner, with greater benefit for my exp.

Has anybody observed which is the best choice? I'm a level 128 scout, if that might be of some relevance.
Old 03-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Well, one of them is a lot better than the other, but for pedagogic reasons I will not tell you which. Try to do the calculation yourself.

1) You know more or less how much you get for a normal 10min quest.
2) you can calculate how many 10 min quests you get for 15 mushrooms.
3) then you can calculte how much XP 15 mushrooms in quests are worth.
4) you know about how much XP you get from a quest, or otherwise you can find the info on the forums.
5) compare the result from 3) and think if it is worth it to throw those XP away to get the XP in 4) a bit faster.

gl.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cascade For This Useful Post:
Tuima (03-11-2011)
Old 03-10-2011, 07:19 PM
Adventurer

Personally, I don't think the Potion Of Eternal Life would help you get exp faster than a griffin would. The last dungeon I completed earned me about as much exp as I would have gotten from a day's questing (100 thirst, 30% mount), so it seems to me a griffin would average out to higher exp gains over 14 days than a Potion would in 7.

Now, I don't use a lot of mushrooms; in fact, I've never used them on a POEL. I only buy the Potion when it costs gold and then use it when I'm getting closer to the next honor medal to help get me over the top.

My philosophy is this:
Griffins are for quests , Potions are for the Arena. Spend accordingly.

Edit: Okay, after re-reading the OP I've figured out that I'm a bit of a twit and completely misread the 'griffin' bit. Apologies all around. My statement about the dungeon exp reward still stands, but I think you would probably get more exp from extra thirst than a Potion. 15 mushrooms would buy you 300 minutes, basically an extra 3 days, of quest time so unless you're going to be able to defeat at least 4 dungeon monsters in a week then the Potion probably isn't worth it from an exp standpoint. But if you factor in the extra honor you can earn in the Arena it becomes much more tempting.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here

Last edited by Kaidah; 03-10-2011 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Misread the OP.
Old 03-11-2011, 03:21 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I looked for the experience gained from each dungeon monster, to do the calculation Cascade suggested (thanks, I hadn't thought of it! ^^) but I could not find it, I think we could upgrade the dungeon monsters post with that info, it would be useful.

Anyway it seems that with the Eternal life on my attack gets weaker, in dungeons

Oh, and eternal life potions are very useful for guild wars and guild dungeons too! The first give much exp and guild honor, the second up the guild bonuses!

Last edited by Tuima; 03-11-2011 at 04:00 AM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:13 PM
Truffle Shuffler

A PoEL will (often) enable you to defeat higher level Dungeons.

A PoEL will (often) enable you to defeat people in the Arena that would be very close battles.

A PoEL will (often) increase your value to your Guild in Guild Wars and Guild Dungeons.

A PoEL will (often) reduce the small chance that you will lose a quest (yes it can and does happen).

A PoEL will almost never increase your XP-per-day, unless it's because of very close Guild Attacks being won because you had a PoEL.

Overall, I used to buy PoELs alot... now I skip 'em unless they don't have a mushroom cost (rare, but it does happen). But, if they appear without a mushroom cost I snap 'em up immediately.

Of course, if you spend mushrooms on Quests, then you are silly not to buy a Griffin... but you do have a Griffin, so that's an entirely different topic all-together.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Cat Goddess For This Useful Post:
Hawksmoor (11-03-2011), Tuima (03-16-2011)
Old 03-14-2011, 12:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Just to tell you how it ended up. I bought the PoEL, having a guild dungeon programmed in a few days, and closed 4 dungeons in one week (not over yet), so... good choice!
Old 03-15-2011, 02:06 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Glad I could help you make that choice.